Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

Leaving Passports in bags at reception

We are staying for 1 night at RPR to take advantage of FOLP. We will have been staying in a villa for the 8 nights beforehand and will then have checked out of the villa. Therefore we will have everything with us including passports. We plan to check in early at RPR so our room probably wont be ready so will leave our cases at reception. I dont want to leave our passports in our bags but dont want to take them to the parks either. What does everybody do ? Thanks
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

I would take them with me to the parks rather than leave them in my bag at reception. I would worry too much.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree take passports with you?
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a night booked at RPR too mid way through our villa stay... just a thought but do you need to show passports at check in?
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We had basically this same situation in 2013.
I asked on here too as I was really undecided. If I was going to a Disney park I would 100% take my passport as I could keep it on me at all times, at Universal though - is it going to be in the bag you put in the lockers repeatedly?
When I asked the majority of folks responded, I think, by suggesting we stash the passports in amongst the clothes in our cases, and lock the cases. Clearly it wouldn't stop someone but it's a lot less obvious than leaving them in the hand luggage bag with the laptop, and, if hidden pretty deep, someone's going to have to unroll every tshirt to find them, so it would take a while (assuming, of course, that they didn't just lift the case, I guess).
In the end my mum and sister hid theirs' in (different) cases. I took mine on one of those 'money belt' type things that can be worn under a tshirt. Unfortunately I'm slim built and it was spotted under my tee at FJ and I had to put it in a locker... that was stressful, and I wouldn't fancy doing that again! That said, I'd still take it and just find a better way to carry it on me.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Don't the hotels have a safe / safety deposit boxes available at reception. Many hotels do and we have used them albeit not at Universal.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by paw View Post
Don't the hotels have a safe / safety deposit boxes available at reception. Many hotels do and we have used them albeit not at Universal.
I would have thought so, but I asked at check in and the lady didn't seem to know what I was on about... then again, my accent has that affect in Florida sometimes!
It had just taken us about 10 minutes to ascertain that apparently there is no $25 for a third adult in a room charge! She was probably just wanting rid of the inoherent nutter trying desperately to hand over $25!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

DH puts all our passports in his zip up shorts pocket.

The hotel should have safe boxes at reception though. We used the ones at SSR for our passports one year.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dory54
Excited about Disney

If you are taking them into the park just remember to put them in a zip lock bag just incase they get wet
Dory54 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

RPR has safety deposit boxes at reception, just ask when checking in and they take you to a room behind reception.