Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

3 rides and fp+ availability

OK we have two half days and one evening in Epcot and I want/need to do the following rides

Frozen Ever After
Test Track
Soarin

I think they are all in the same group so can only advance book one a day. The evening visit for a dinner at Coral Reef is the same day as a three quarter day in AK with three fastpasses already allocated here. Which of the three do you think would be easiest to book on the day for an evening slot that is going to fit in around our dinner.

The problem is that Frozen Ever After is a bit of an unknown at the moment but we really want to do it.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Are you staying onsite? Can't you do one of them either during EMH or at RD on your full days there then save a FP for the other one on one of those days? Or if AK is a less busy day, chance having no FPs for there and booking your 3 for Epcot maybe?
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a similar issue. Touring plans have a fastpass availability tool so I have been checking recently to see what is left in the afternoon, although this doesn't currently help with Epcot rides.
I would say as Sorin is effectively new as well so fastpass this and frozen.
Then if you don't mind you could always do test track as single rider maybe
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Are you staying onsite? Can't you do one of them either during EMH or at RD on your full days there then save a FP for the other one on one of those days? Or if AK is a less busy day, chance having no FPs for there and booking your 3 for Epcot maybe?
Yes we are onsite both the days we are there, there is no EMH, we did try TestTrack at RD last time but huge wait already. We are going in August, is there such a thing as a less busy day most of our days are 7+ according to Touring Plans.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I have a similar issue. Touring plans have a fastpass availability tool so I have been checking recently to see what is left in the afternoon, although this doesn't currently help with Epcot rides.
I would say as Sorin is effectively new as well so fastpass this and frozen.
Then if you don't mind you could always do test track as single rider maybe
Exactly what I was thinking with Soarin and Frozen newly opened/reopened both of these might be more popular than Test Track. I might leave the Test Track and see if we can get some for after dinner maybe just prior to illuminations might be a good time.
Old 13 Jun 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
OK we have two half days and one evening in Epcot and I want/need to do the following rides

Frozen Ever After
Test Track
Soarin

I think they are all in the same group so can only advance book one a day. The evening visit for a dinner at Coral Reef is the same day as a three quarter day in AK with three fastpasses already allocated here. Which of the three do you think would be easiest to book on the day for an evening slot that is going to fit in around our dinner.
None. Probably.

If you're trying to book one of the above rides as a 4th fastpass - which means trying to book it in the afternoon on the day - then I think you'll struggle to book any of them.

Mind you, with the Frozen ride being open, it increases the number of rides people are interested in to 3 which may affect fastpass availability. But remember you'll be competing with all the other guests trying to book 4th fastpasses for these rides plus all those that already booked 30 or 60 days beforehand. So, who knows!

If I had to choose one I might say Test Track - because the other two are new.

Good luck!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I'd say FP soarin and frozen as both new. You might get lucky with Test Track having shorter wait or go for single rider

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
I'd say FP soarin and frozen as both new. You might get lucky with Test Track having shorter wait or go for single rider
I would single rider it but there are 4 of us and the kids won't do it on their own.
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

We have planned 1 whole day at epcot, and 1 half day while we are onsite for 7 days.

So for our 1st half day we plan to do the whole of futureworld west, FP test track mission space and spaceship earth.

then for our whole day we are going to aim to do soarin at rope drop, then will fast pass Frozen for the afternoon and fp nemo and turtle talk.

I have planned all this with the touring plans website (which took ages!) and currently have about 6 different versions of the plans as can't decide which times to go for! I have to decide by Sunday!

We have 9 nights offsite, so if need be I hope we can pop back and do anything we missed and I know we will probably want to ride Frozen again so hope I can still get a FP for that at 30 days out when we are offsite

hth our 1st half day at epcot is a crowd level 6 and then the whole day is a crowd level 3 according to touring plans, I don't know how much this will change when the new frozen ride opens though

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

If you wanted to get to the new Frozen ride without a Fastpass you could book the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for breakfast and finish just before the rope drop.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread