Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 16, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you've had this horrible experience.

Thank you for warning others x
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 16, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Sorry to read that you've fell foul of a thief

Hope they get caught ...scum !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Following on from this it might me an idea to read he small print on your insurance. We were out at the beach for the day & had 4 mobile phones, 2 GoPro cameras & accessories, a kindle & a large battery charging point. We phoned insurance & the maximum claim we have to "valuable items"for the whole party is £400. Luckily they only took 1 bag so 3 phones & the 2 cameras were not taken its was just my husbands things. Even then £400 will not cover his phone & kindle. We have insurance through our bank which we pay to upgrade to world wide & included our children so we don't choose an insurance policy every time we travel.

This is the first time we have ever made a claim in over 30 years of traveling abroad.
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

It doesn't only happen to unattended things. I had my gold chain stolen from me without me feeling a thing in Las Vegas. I was waiting for a taxi back to the airport and a guy, whom I can only assume now was a con artist, was waving in cars and loading luggage at my hotel as though he was a porter. He was very over-friendly and was hugging everyone and making them laugh before they got in the cab. Didn't notice it was gone until I was on the plane. He must have made a fortune with the amount of folk he hugged. :angry:
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by laudan14 View Post
Following on from this it might me an idea to read he small print on your insurance. We were out at the beach for the day & had 4 mobile phones, 2 GoPro cameras & accessories, a kindle & a large battery charging point. We phoned insurance & the maximum claim we have to "valuable items"for the whole party is £400. Luckily they only took 1 bag so 3 phones & the 2 cameras were not taken its was just my husbands things. Even then £400 will not cover his phone & kindle. We have insurance through our bank which we pay to upgrade to world wide & included our children so we don't choose an insurance policy every time we travel.

This is the first time we have ever made a claim in over 30 years of traveling abroad.

Most insurance companies whether it be home or travel will only cover mobile phones to a certain value. With our house insurance its £250 per phone, not much use when we have 4 iphone 6s worth over £600 each..
So we insure the phones with protect your bubble for loss theft damage etc here and abroad costs me £16 per month for all 4 phones.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread