Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 16, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Miami Tour

Heading down Miami at the end of the week for a couple of days & looking for suggestions for a tour to see a bit of the area. There's me DH, DS 21 & DD 18 don't want a full day thing just a couple of hours. Been looking at the Duck Tour, any other suggestions.
Thanks
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

There was a TV programme on Sky yesterday and this very question was asked. I didn't take much notice to be honest but from memory she mentioned something about walking tours. I will see if I can find the programme but the trouble is/was there is no clue in the title. I believe someone else has posted it is very hot over there at the moment so a walking tour may not be the best of ideas!

I will see if I can dig it out later

I just found this web site which gives a list of tours. Everything from hiring a bike to taking a day trip to the Bahamas. It may be worth a look just to give you some ideas!

Have you considered doing a boat tour so you get to see the view from the water and the houses of the rich and famous?

What about going on the Metromover (monorail) - I imagine it will be air conditioned and you may get some decent views from it.

If you like your shopping there is always Sawgrass Mills although that isn't really Miami culture.

Chill out on South Beach and watch the world go by
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow thanks a lot. We are in Orlando now and it's very hot so walking trip is a no no. Will take a look at the web site, thanks again
laudan14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by laudan14 View Post
Wow thanks a lot. We are in Orlando now and it's very hot so walking trip is a no no. Will take a look at the web site, thanks again
No problem - happy to help. If you do do something let us know how you get on!
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Duck tour is good but not very long, how about a segway trip for you all?
Old 6 Jul 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
No problem - happy to help. If you do do something let us know how you get on!
Sitting round the pool looking at it now 👍
Old 6 Jul 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
laudan14
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
Duck tour is good but not very long, how about a segway trip for you all?
Thanks will take a look, just worried about the heat. We are only there 2 nights so just going to do a tour & beach
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

We did the Pirate Duck Tour. It was fab. Definitely recommend that!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

There is a hop on hop off bus tour that you can do you can use to tour around the city and learn about the area or you can hop on hop off just to get around from A to B
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 16, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We've booked the sunset Segway tour. I'm really looking forward to it. I guess I should look into some other things to do too?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread