Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Rotonda area - Ann Dever Memorial Park pool ?

A bit of a long shot I know but I wondered if anyone has used the pool at this park ? or been to the kids' playground ?

I have looked at the website but it doesn't seem to show any prices or even a timetable when it's open to the public.

Trip advisor reviews seem to be mostly written by dogs about the dog park
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
A bit of a long shot I know but I wondered if anyone has used the pool at this park ? or been to the kids' playground ?

I have looked at the website but it doesn't seem to show any prices or even a timetable when it's open to the public.

Can't help you with this but love that the dogs write reviews on TA

We've just returned from a road trip and spent a week at Rotonda West in a beautiful Dibb villa. We had a really great, laid back week. We went to Englewood beach/Stomp Pass & Boca Grande. Ate at some good restaurants and really enjoyed the villa pool and BBQ. That's something we've never really done in Orlando
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
moanaminute
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
Can't help you with this but love that the dogs write reviews on TA

We've just returned from a road trip and spent a week at Rotonda West in a beautiful Dibb villa. We had a really great, laid back week. We went to Englewood beach/Stomp Pass & Boca Grande. Ate at some good restaurants and really enjoyed the villa pool and BBQ. That's something we've never really done in Orlando
Hi, we are spending a week at Rotonda West very soon.
Would be interested in restaurant reccommendations!
Like you looking forward to a laid back week
moanaminute is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

charlottecountyfl/com...es/aquatic.asp
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moanaminute View Post
Hi, we are spending a week at Rotonda West very soon.
Would be interested in restaurant reccommendations!
Like you looking forward to a laid back week
Boca Grande - southbeachbarandgrille/

Rotonda/Englewood - nicolasitaliankitchen/..m/Welcome.html

landysonthewater/
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!

Edited at 11:11 PM.
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 16, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

A few more to add are
farlowsonthewater/

With Rhum Bay whilst the food is average you take a boat across takes about 15 to 20 minutes, reservations for the launch are essential and you pick it up behind Jonny L'erocks just on the Placida Road.

rumbaypalmisland/

thegulfviewgrill/

Have fun

Rotonda Girl
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 16, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I like the Fishery at Placida Road and Gasparilla. You can walk out onto the fishing piers and often spot manatees and dolphins.

If it's the summer you will need a beer and a sit down in the restaurant after that . Looks a bit scruffy from the outside as these type of places often do.

We'll be off to the Lickety Split café as well for some ice cream (not manatee poop)

How did this thread about getting some exercise at the pool degenerate into talking about food ?

Edited at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
moanaminute
slightly serious Dibber

Apologies - well sort of- re ending up talking about food. Guilty as charged!
Dining out is a favourite holiday past-time
Thanks so much for suggestions. Some fab looking menus
I shall pack clothes with stretch 😉
moanaminute is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4

In answer to your question the pool is an 8 lane pool with a separate diving well. They teach swim lessons and water aerobics. There is open swimming times every day. There is no kiddie pool there - unless they built one in the last two years. ( I know someone who used to coach swimming there)

I'm not sure about the kids' playground but there is a nice one on Rotonda West community park.

To add to the list of restaurants try

lockandkeyrestaurant/ On Englewood beach

howardsinenglewood/ For a great fish fry

And
primetimesteakspirits/ for steaks and Mexican style cooking

Hope you have a great time down on the Gulf Coast 😎

Rotonda Bound

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread