Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 27 Oct 16, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Temporary disabled parking permits

Just emailed the Osceola Tax Office to renew my red tag temporary parking permit for the next Florida trip, and received a reply from them saying that from October 3rd they no longer process these by email or post - you have to apply in person to the main tax office and suggest you schedule an appointment. What a way to spend the first morning on holiday!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Temporary Disabled Parking Permit

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Just emailed the Osceola Tax Office to renew my red tag temporary parking permit for the next Florida trip, and received a reply from them saying that from October 3rd they no longer process these by email or post - you have to apply in person to the main tax office and suggest you schedule an appointment. What a way to spend the first morning on holiday!
Hi If you check further down the special needs threads ( titled Disabled parking ) this was discussed a couple of weeks ago, there is an alternative, at the moment you can apply to Orange County with your details and they are still accepting email applications ( I don't know for how long though is everyone is applying to them instead) Good Luck.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
Hi If you check further down the special needs threads ( titled Disabled parking ) this was discussed a couple of weeks ago, there is an alternative, at the moment you can apply to Orange County with your details and they are still accepting email applications ( I don't know for how long though is everyone is applying to them instead) Good Luck.
Hi Tilly... as my hubs says; do it wrong it must be right. This service is so helpful for the disabled, my brother has a home in Lee County and applies for his temp Fla DB via an Orlando county, mainly because he was spending in excess of an hour in the Lee County office due to the amount of applicants for various needs, not just a temp DB. I'm baffled as to why Osceola would remove a service that was so convenient and a massive help to all disabled. Nowt as strange as folk and Government!

I'll point my brother to Orange County but, as you say, who knows how much longer they'll be offering this service.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I can check out Polk next week I've to go to the Tax office anyway and post details if the do

Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Temporary Disabled Parking Permit

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Tilly... as my hubs says; do it wrong it must be right. This service is so helpful for the disabled, my brother has a home in Lee County and applies for his temp Fla DB via an Orlando county, mainly because he was spending in excess of an hour in the Lee County office due to the amount of applicants for various needs, not just a temp DB. I'm baffled as to why Osceola would remove a service that was so convenient and a massive help to all disabled. Nowt as strange as folk and Government!

I'll point my brother to Orange County but, as you say, who knows how much longer they'll be offering this service.
Hi ChrisS We have used Osceola County for Temporary Disabled Parking permits for many years now, sometimes getting 3 in 1 year for the one permit charge because of the dates we travelled. I have already emailed the details to Orange County for our trips next year but they will not take payment until approx. 6 weeks before travel, just hoping that between now and January when we can pay that they do not change their policy as Osceola County have, keeping everything crossed. Before you could email your application we have waited in line at the tax office and it was not much fun. At least with Orange County if you do not want to email your details to them you can book a day and time to attend the tax office ( but I don't want to do that, my time in Florida is too precious) ! Good Luck everyone.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 16, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the helpful information on the Orange County tax office. I emailed an enquiry, completed the application form and sent it back with the documentation this afternoon. Less than an hour later it was approved, I phoned the office to pay $17 and the receipt appeared in my in box 10 minutes later. Now that's service!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Can Dibbers point me to the necessary website/page my brother will need to apply via Orange County please... I am obliged
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Martin044
Trainee Dibber

I have just successfully applied by email and paid for (by telephone) a disabled parking placard with Orange County Tax collector.

I made an enquiry on the contact us page: octaxcol/contact/
I got the following reply:
Greetings,

To issue a US Parking placard I will need you to complete the attached form and return with signature and travel dates. I will also need a copy of your blue badge (front and back), and your passport. The fee is $17.00 US Dollars [$15 + $2 card fee] that can be paid by credit card after processing your documents.
Thank you

Form was attached to reply but can be can be downloaded at: flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83039.pdf

As a Non-US citizen you only need to fill in the top section and where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card simply write NON-US.

I simply emailed all the copies of the documents back to the agent dealing with my enquiry and within an hour and a half had a reply saying they had rec'd my documents and all that was required to complete my application was payment. A phone number for payment is given in the reply for it to be paid by card over the phone.

This was duly done, an email receipt was issued immediately and the agent said the placard would be processed that day and sent to me in the UK.

I eagerly await its arrival.
Rosen Inn International 2016
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

ILHO - thank you very much lady, I'm obiged
Old 31 Oct 16, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Martin044
Trainee Dibber

I have just successfully applied by email and paid for (by telephone) a disabled parking placard with Orange County Tax collector.

I made an enquiry on the contact us page: octaxcol/contact/
I got the following reply:
Greetings,

To issue a US Parking placard I will need you to complete the attached form and return with signature and travel dates. I will also need a copy of your blue badge (front and back), and your passport. The fee is $17.00 US Dollars [$15 + $2 card fee] that can be paid by credit card after processing your documents.
Thank you

Form was attached to reply but can be can be downloaded at: flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83039.pdf

As a Non-US citizen you only need to fill in the top section and where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card simply write NON-US.

I simply emailed all the copies of the documents back to the agent dealing with my enquiry and within an hour and a half had a reply saying they had rec'd my documents and all that was required to complete my application was payment. A phone number for payment is given in the reply for it to be paid by card over the phone.

This was duly done, an email receipt was issued immediately and the agent said the placard would be processed that day and sent to me in the UK.

I eagerly await its arrival.
Rosen Inn International 2016
Just followed this process. Very easy. I'm not going until May so they said they will send it in March but have paid and have a receipt.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List