Notices

Old 4 Nov 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 8 - KL Menara and Eco Park

I woke up about 7am. Last day - though as I had booked the room for an extra night I could take advantage of today!

I got myself ready and decided I would have a proper breakfast again.

Being the creature of habit that I am, I went back to the restaurant of a few days ago. Same meal but I asked for the eggs to be a bit more cooked - yolks I don't mind runny but the whites - that is a food crime! I had extra toast so it was 14 RM about 3.50 euros.

My aim today was to head to the Eco park - the rainforest in the city and the KL Tower.

I took the monorail to the nearest station but then disaster struck - the entrance was closed and you had to go to the KL Tower entrance - about a 20minute walk. My poor legs

I eventually got there - hot and sweaty (a bit TMI? )

The ticket person persuaded me that going up to the Skywalk was worth the double price of the Observation deck - 105 RM - about 26 euros.

They were right. The iconic view that was missing a few days ago.

What I didn't realise was that there were two glass skywalks. Joy

But I went on (excuse the feet )

And on the other one -I have to say I didn't feel so secure. Also you had to fill in a release form before you came up ("in case you throw yourself off") - that filled me with confidence!

You can see the box a bit clearer here! MyDH who hates heights would have loved it

I like the infinity pool at this hotel. How cool!

I went down to the Observation Deck - I was happy I opted for the Skywalk as the views were fabulous and it was very quiet. The Observation deck was a lot busier and had windows.

I then headed on down, grabbing a mango juice for my next adventure.

This was another Canopy Walk through the Eco Park - a city centre rainforest.

It wasn't as wobbly and it was so restful - even if there was all the usual city noises. There was hardly anyone on it. Just a few people from time to time.

At one stage I parked myself in the corner of one of the towers and read for half an hour. Bliss.

After I needed some food - so a mango smoothie and a cinnamon doughnut from Dunkin Donuts.

I then headed yo Uniqlo to pick up hooded down jackets for the kids. I love their down jackets and they were 25% cheaper than at home.

Christmas decks were starting to go up everywhere!

I headed back to the hotel after getting some green tea kitkats for the office

I had a rest, a shower and finished my packing.

I then went down to reception who called me a grab (Malaysian equivalent of Uber). I had thought I would walk to the monorail but realised I would get hot and sweaty. But it was rush hour do a can to the airport could be long. The compromise was a cab to KL Sentral.

After taking the express train to the airport, I dropped off my bag.

I hot a McDos on the absence of anything better. It filled a hole. I went through immigration and security and had a wander - a few purchases were made

I am now waiting to board. Wish me luck for a good sleep as I have to hit the toad running tomorrow - it is DD's birthday party - though I am not do stupid as to do it at home. It is on a trampoline park. The nouse should keep me awake

See you all tomorrow!

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 4 Nov 16 2:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

WOW the views of the twin towers were fantastic. A great last day Mel. Safe journey home, I hope you get some sleep, and Happy Birthday to your DD, enjoy the party.

Thanks once again for taking us on your solo trip, it's been fab.
Old 4 Nov 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some more great views your photos during your holiday have all been fantastic thank you for taking the time to do your trippie, I have enjoyed reading along

Hope you manage some sleep and enjoy the party.

Thank you

Joan
Old 4 Nov 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Wow- pics are amazing- thanks for sharing

Safe journey home and have a great time at your DD'd party

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Fantastic trip report Mel, was chatting to my friend about it last night and she told me her brother is moving to KL and will have five bed house so we may well hatch a plan to go! Not sure about that glass walk... the canpoied one sounds much nicer!
Safe travels home x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Home safe and sound but tired!

Thanks for DD's birthday wishes - she is so excited for her party.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

And I will do the last day/my final thoughts tonight when I am forced to watch XFactor with DS!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Wow! That glass floor and Skywalk! EEK!

The rainforest in the city is a strange concept. I imagine it was there before the city was built, city built around the forest? Looks peaceful and serene.

and good old McDonalds! At least you know what you're getting there I suppose
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List