Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 16, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mairsy
Being a bit Goofy

Hilton Head Island Resort

Has anyone been... is it worth the 5hr drive from Orlando?
mairsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
andrews
VIP Dibber

We did it in 2009 with a 9 month old. Yes its a long drive but so nice to see that other bits of the States do exist rather than just WDW. The Beach House is great and really relaxed. I enjoyed the area around the HH resort although I guess its changed somewhat in the last 7/8 years. I had met the then General Manager of HH Paul Hart on my previous visit at Veroi Beach. He was there with his family and got chatting in the surf. He took a photo for us and I got his email address so sent him a copy. He replied to say if we ever go back and visit Sth Carolina he would look after us and he did. He's now GM at Vero. If I get chance to go back to HH I would.
andrews is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've been and loved it, so relaxing and the food was amazing on the island
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools2
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
It depends how long you are going for. If only for a night then probably not as you would not get time to explore and appreciate the relaxed atmosphere. We stayed for 4 nights and loved it and can't wait to visit again.
Old 29 Nov 16, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 16, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mairsy
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you for the replies. We have flights booked for 25th sept until 16th October. Planning on spending our first night in Orlando, probably at our 'home' resort the polynesian, then heading off the following morning to Sth Carolina for 6 nights. Then back to Orlando for remaining 2 weeks. Good to know its worth the drive!
mairsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread