Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

PIP any luck

I am epileptic and have frequent seizures, it took three months of waiting but finally got my descion yesterday. I got high rate care. I did send in ten reports and the lady who visited here was very nice. I just wondered how other people are getting on.
Old 8 Dec 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

I got declined for everything i went to high court and was still declined. I have epilepsy and i take seizures frequently.

I have reapplied and was given 8 points and low rate care and i was 7 points on mobility so i never got that.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

That's terrible, Sophie, I think it's all to do, with the person who comes out to visit you. The woman I had last year gave me the award for a year and was very abrupt. The woman, who visited this time, her son was also epileptic and had so much understanding of living with the condition. I got the award for five years this time. I think PIP needs to be looked at more careful. Did you use to get DLA.
Old 8 Dec 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
That's terrible, Sophie, I think it's all to do, with the person who comes out to visit you. The woman I had last year gave me the award for a year and was very abrupt. The woman, who visited this time, her son was also epileptic and had so much understanding of living with the condition. I got the award for five years this time. I think PIP needs to be looked at more careful. Did you use to get DLA.
Hi it based on points here the questions

benefitsandwork/pip/indexxx.php

Edited at 07:24 PM.
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Pip,as I have previously posted is nothing more than a cost cutting excersise,it's ok to wean out the "none deserving", but with pip,they include the 100% "deserving",full stop,the government should be ashamed of themselves,no matter which party is in power,so when these days someone is given pip,it's like winning a gold medal at the olympics,when in fact it's something that genuine claimants deserve,but often will NOT re apply when given the knock back,it (if you haven't guessed already) really makes my blood boil,good luck to all of you, bondy rant now concluded, regards, bondy.p.s. The points system is a joke,it's based purely on what the nurse/physio/occupational therapists view is,not REALITY.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
BONDY LAD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I submitted claims for both my parents this year, my dad has early Alzheimer's and my mum has a lot of issues since taking a brain haemorrhage in January followed by a stroke.

Both of them now receive the full enhanced rate which has really taken the pressure off. My only complaint is that my dad has only been awarded it for 3 years, I know that's how it works but he's never going to get better, his disease will only deteriorate as time goes on
Old 8 Dec 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

I'm just in the process of applying for my DS. It's blooming annoying when he had a lifetime award of DLA. He on the autistic spectrum with learning difficulties, in some respects with maturity some things are different but in the main regarding communication and getting around help he's still as bad as he ever was. I'm dreading having to have a face to face meeting.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I'm just in the process of applying for my DS. It's blooming annoying when he had a lifetime award of DLA. He on the autistic spectrum with learning difficulties, in some respects with maturity some things are different but in the main regarding communication and getting around help he's still as bad as he ever was. I'm dreading having to have a face to face meeting.
Totally agree with you,why on earth when folk have been through the mill and eventually been awarded indefinitely (basically for life),should they have the trauma of going through it all over again,complete waste of money and time,I am all for seeking out malingerers etc,but surely in your sons case, enough is enough, bondy.
BONDY LAD is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

I wish you all the best of luck. I've had two very different experiences. Both my sons have autism and had DLA since being very young. They had reassessments on DLA at various points and were assessed as still awarded DLA. When it changed to PIP had two very different assessments. My youngest was assessed by a lady who shared that she had sons herself on the spectrum and was very understanding with him in the assessment- he was awarded PIP. My eldest who presents very similarly to my youngest was assessed as no PIP. I appealed with lots of information from family and reports. They reconsidered but despite me pointing out my other son has PIP they still refused. So one has PIP and one does not.
Unfortunately it really does seem to be the assessor you get.
Old 9 Dec 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I totally agree, with Helen, it all depends on the assessor you get. Two people with the same conditions, can get different awards or one gets an award, while another gets no awards. It makes no sense at all. I think PIP needs really looking into, it really does not make any sense.