Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Dec 16, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We stayed this year on rented points and they are very small. We were only there 3 nights just two of us so left the sofa bed out all the time but I don't think you could do that with 4 in the room. There was nowhere to put the cushions from the sofa bed either. That said, it can't be beaten for location and we had a theme park view which was amazing.
Thank you, location is the key for why we want to stay there and also to have a theme park view too!.. Guess we'll just have to be tidy for a few day's!
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
The location makes up for any lack of size.

We stay in a studio there...three adults including a wheelchair. I love the storage, some other Resorts have minimum storage which makes the room feel a lot smaller.
Brill! Thanks for taking the time to say that, the location is the reason we really want to stay there..! really excited
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 16, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I think it all comes down to preference of layout

For me the BLT studios are perfect, as I particularly love the seperate kitchen area - makes me feel as though the room is larger than other DVC studios (although I know in terms of square footage its smaller).

We are a family of four (two boys aged 13 and 9) & we can happily share a BLT studio for a fortnight - and like Karen, we happily stay in a Premier inn room altogether too (prefer BLT though), and as others have said - the location trumps everything else!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I think it all comes down to preference of layout

For me the BLT studios are perfect, as I particularly love the seperate kitchen area - makes me feel as though the room is larger than other DVC studios (although I know in terms of square footage its smaller).

We are a family of four (two boys aged 13 and 9) & we can happily share a BLT studio for a fortnight - and like Karen, we happily stay in a Premier inn room altogether too (prefer BLT though), and as others have said - the location trumps everything else!
I agree about the separate kitchen area.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Hubby and I stayed there for our first 2 nights of our Silver Anniversary Trip back in August. The decor is black furniture and it felt extremely cramped. Because we were only there 2 nights the kitchen was a bit extraneous for us, but I did love the vertical slide-out storage unit. The glass door on the bathroom put us off a lot, especially as the inside acts a bit like a full length mirror and it's directly facing the toilet!

I was disappointed that the bed was only a double, and it was so close to the wall that if I side-stepped down to get into bed with my back to the wall I couldn't actually turn round to get into it!

While we loved the location (this was our view) I don't know if I could bear to stay there for any longer than a couple of nights.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have stayed in a studio at BLT with 4 of us for 2 weeks and it was fine, they are smaller than a premier inn, but as others have said the kitchen and storage are great. Location is a big plus and we would rather stay in a studio than not go at all
This was our view too

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List