Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Jan 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

magic your way ticket

i am looking at purchasing the 3 day magic your way ticket from undercover tourist at $307 but i am not sure this will save me any money over getting the day ticket at the park .
i only need 3 days for my daughter as i have already purchased the 7 day ticket so i could get the free memory maker, even thou i am only doing 3 days at Disney,
Does anyone know if i am better waiting and purchase the extra ticket i need on a daily basis at the park i go to or should i get the 3 day ticket from undercover tourist as they are the only place i have found to sell this ticket type
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Beware of transation fees if you have to buy on a cc. It can really add up / plus exchange rates.

If you do want to buy via Undercover tourist, suggest you sign up to the Mousesavers email. These come about once a month. Has a link to money off UT MYW tickets.

Orlandoattractions.com also do MYW tickets - look at non-UK tickets.
I dont know if they have 3 day but often have reasonable offers.

Is the 7 day ticket that you have bought a 7 day MYW one or a UK 7 day all action hopping and waterparks one ? If the latter, the 3 day ticket that she will have and the 7 day ticket that you will have will do completely different things. May be better to get the 7 day one for her too in that case... spend a bit more and get more flexibility.

If you have the 7 day US MYW (base ticket I presume) - then it wont matter if you get a 3 day base MYW ticket for her.
Old 7 Jan 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

the 7 day ticket was the uk one with the free magic band for the photos.I only bought this for the photo offer even thou i am only doing the 3 days i thought it was a good price.
The 3 day ticket is just to get her into the 3 different parks one a day, that i am doing, so no water parks for us with Disney this year as our universal tickets cover the new water park.
I did think about getting additional 7 day ticket but thought the price was not justified as i am trying to keep the ticket price as low as i can since its just a week we are doing.
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

I think it would work out slightly dearer if you did it on a daily basis.

The price you have got from undercovertourist.com is about the best at the moment, direct from Disney is $308.85. orlandoattractions.com are normally quite cheap, but they don't do the 3 day ticket.

Edited at 09:00 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rodaz2015
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I would call them cause I'm sure everyone has been 14 for the same price as 7
rodaz2015 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

i am sure what you say is correct in the 7 days actually being a 14 day ticket
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Undercover Tourist have a special offer on - dont know how long it will last...

4 day ticket with 3 extra days free $271 for kids.
YOU CANNOT PARK HOP WITH THIS TICKET.

Again - watch out for transaction fees if you buy this from Undercover Tourist. It will add to the cost (it is not UT per-se, more the transaction charge that will be levied by your credit card, unless you are able to buy in USD ?)
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Undercover Tourist have a special offer on - dont know how long it will last...

4 day ticket with 3 extra days free $271 for kids.
YOU CANNOT PARK HOP WITH THIS TICKET.

Again - watch out for transaction fees if you buy this from Undercover Tourist. It will add to the cost (it is not UT per-se, more the transaction charge that will be levied by your credit card, unless you are able to buy in USD ?)

Where is this on undercovertourist.com? I have looked everywhere, but can't find it. I can see the 4 Park Magic Ticket which must be used by 26th May. This cost $271 for a child, but as far as I know there's been no offer of free days with this.

I can see a 4 Day Magic Your Way - plus 2 Extra Days [ PROMO ] $341.12 child.

I honestly can't see anything else, even when I clicked on their "Special Offer: Walt Disney World" at the top of the Disney ticket page. HELP I am obviously missing something, [ which I have done before lol ]. If it is on offer It's a really good deal as a 7 day base ticket from Disney cost $372.75 child.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
i am looking at purchasing the 3 day magic your way ticket from undercover tourist at $307 but i am not sure this will save me any money over getting the day ticket at the park.
The cheapest day ticket costs $103.30. This is during Value season and does not include Magic Kingdom. Three of these would cost $309.90.

During peak season a day ticket to Magic Kingdom costs $132. So three of these would cost $396.

The Undercover Tourist 3 day ticket would be your cheapest option.

Originally Posted by rodaz2015 View Post
I would call them cause I'm sure everyone has been 14 for the same price as 7
Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
i am sure what you say is correct in the 7 days actually being a 14 day ticket
The 7 day ticket is not always the same price as the 14 day ticket - it depends on when the "14 days for the price of 7" is on.

Anyway, if you bought a 7 day ticket then you'll have received a 7 day ticket (whether it was the same price as a 14 day ticket or not).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

since i am only doing 3 days at Disney the 7 day ticket was only bought for the photo package so it makes no difference how many days it covers its the 3 day magic your way ticket thats my main concern over the daily gate price.