Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

That's a lovely story! How fantastic for your daughter.

My son went to pay for a bottle of coke and the cast member said he could have it free of charge and to have a nice day. I was amazed and over the moon at that...Imagine how excited I would have been if he had got a free magic band! 😅

Marketing ploy or not I'm glad Disney do stuff like that. It just adds that extra bit of magic in my opinion!

Just read your other post on General chat and it sounds like you had an amazing holiday!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Starlet View Post
Aww how fantastic. We are definitely not use to such service in the UK.

We are yet to visit for the first time but hearing tales like this make me feel better about my house which is getting neglected for our holiday fund too ha x
Stuff the house! We went for my first time, DH's 13th last year and I had said I would like to decorate and get a new car after. Needless to say we have booked our villa for 2018 😂

Edited at 12:13 AM. Reason: Grammar
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
joeym
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rose View Post
I just wanted to share with you my son's 'magical moment' on his first trip to Florida and first day in Magic Kingdom.

We'd collected his 'first timer' badge (me, husband and 2 teenage daughters 2nd visit) and were looking around in the Disney shop on Main Street.

As we were staying off-site we were choosing our magic bands, star wars mad son picks the exclusive star wars band costing $27.99 I think it was. As it was our first day and I was buying 5 bands I said to my son, this was too expensive and he needed to choose one of the basic ones. I did feel a bit bad/stingy at this point, son was slightly disappointed and husband gave me 'that look' that said 'aww let him have the star wars one' I was just in that dilema moment when a cast member who had seemingly been watching/listening to the conversation, popped up and asked if he could give our son a magical moment? Not really understanding what he meant I said yes. He took our son to one side and said you can choose any band you like. At this point I must admit to thinking Oh cheers, that's put me on the spot, now I'll have to pay bloomin nearly $30 or look a right evil mum lol. Then I realised what was happening and whispered to my husband who was completely confused by now!

Needless to say our son was over the moon, the free band was a lovely gesture of kindness, me, our 2 daughters and even my husband (who rarely cries) teared up and the wonderful cast member got a big hug from me and our son!

The cynics will say it's all part of the Disney marketing ploy and they can easily afford to do such things many times over each day, which is true, but the cast member didn't have to do that for us, in the UK customers rarely get anything for free from any company big or small. My son will remember that magical day for the rest of his life and we'll remember the look on his little face. A small gesture that meant a lot to us.

Are these magical moments a regular thing I wonder? Afterwards I vaguely remembered I'd read something once about a cast member giving a girl an outfit, but wasn't 100% sure.

Nicola
Omg it just shows that we are not just a "number" in disney! How lovely xx
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
joeym
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rose View Post
That's amazing, as you say whether its a sticker, a few kind words or something else, it's all magical!

Our 2nd visit was as wonderful as the first 8 years ago. The trouble is it makes you want to keep going back! My kitchen is shameful (in desperate need of replacing) but I just can't seem to be motivated to save up for things like that. Holidays are so much more fun x
Hi
I've needed a new carpet and sofa for the past 3 years (getting rather desperate now 😳&#128513 but we keep putting off and going back to the magic coz at the end of the day these are only material things and memories are far more important ❤️X
Old 8 Jan 17, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I got one magical moment on my last trip - was in the Star Wars Launch Bay at DHS buying about 8 of the Star Wars personalised name tags as gifts, and the CM gave me a couple of them free as a magical moment! Which was really really nice, and even more so as it was my last day there. (I was travelling solo as an adult so really was not expecting anything like this at all!)
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

That's lovely
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

On our visit last Oct we decided to stop for ice cream at one of the carts in MK. I had my smallest grandson with me and waited for the rest of the family to catch up while we were trying to chose what to have. Everyone arrived and selected, then the young man said Mickey wants to give you these as a treat. My two boys 5&2 couldn't believe Mickey had picked them but the grown ups were left dumbstruck. It was as others say a Magical moment that will never be forgotten by all
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

I had purchased my son a star wars picture (it was 2012 and he I think thought he was a jedi so very important to him) had it sent to resort. he went and collected it and then went to the arcade and left it there went back and it was gone went to the front desk explained to see if it was handed in . they said no

asked when we were leaving and was I going back to Epcot I said yes they said without batting an eyelid to go get another charge to room and they will remove it from the bill

was a brilliant thing to do , I don't think its a marketing ploy its a built in thing make those moments matter for customer and they will just love Disney even more ( if that's possible )

my own magical moment getting a selfie with stitch !
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pinkie1983 View Post
Stuff the house! We went for my first time, DH's 13th last year and I had said I would like to decorate and get a new car after. Needless to say we have booked our villa for 2018 😂
Haha oh my I can imagine my house is staying as it is unless I win some cash!
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Lovely story from the OP. A truly magical memory. Good on the CM for doing that.

I'm with you on the 'stuff the house, the holidays mean so much more' front. I work with people who have new cars,new kitchens, huge extensions etc but none of their kids has met a beloved character and had a hug and a chat, eaten in a fairytale castle, ridden on some of the most amazing rides or spent two weeks solid grinning ear to ear and having fun every minute of every day.

This summer will be our second trip. I know which I'd rather have
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List