Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Diddy&Co
Trainee Dibber

Confused over the dining plans

We have booked sequoia lodge for 28/3 and it comes with full board meal plan.

Does this mean it is the 'full board plus'?
Also, we aren't into 'fine dining' so could we go to the counter service places at both lunch and dinner without having to pay extra?

I think the plans are so confusing. I am trying to plan ahead because my daughter is 3 and I don't want to be wandering around at the last minute looking where to eat.

Thanks
Tuscan Hills January 2009, Windsor Palms February 2010, Emerald Island February 2012, Enclave Suites February 2013, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge March 201, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge February 2018
Diddy&Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

it will be full board plus, and no, you can't use any dining plan table or buffet service vouchers at counter service restaurants.

none of the buffet restaurants in the hotels are fine dining, apart from possibly Inventions at the DLH. They all have fairly standard kids options ie pizza, chicken, fish, coujons etc. In fact, I'm struggling to think of any half board plus restaurants which would be classed as fine dining.

Edited at 03:31 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Diddy&Co
Trainee Dibber

I'm still confused. For example... could we eat at toad hall on the dining plan?
Tuscan Hills January 2009, Windsor Palms February 2010, Emerald Island February 2012, Enclave Suites February 2013, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge March 201, Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge February 2018
Diddy&Co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
In response to OP's last question - no. Toad Hall is a Counter/Quick service restaurant. This is the same for eg Casey's Corner, Backyard BBQ, Marionette, Videopolis etc- anywhere you walk up and order/pay then collect your food.

The vouchers you have only allow you to eat at Table service options -
but don't worry - not all are "fine dining" at all.
In fact, we ate in the buffet restaurant at SL on Thursday evening - Hunter's Grill. The food was good, with plenty of choices for our 4 year old. Not posh, beer/wine was available and very relaxed. We would definitely recommend it.

We also ate at Annette's diner, but as it doesn't take bookings, the line outside gets very long - we waited 45mins for a table for 4, but we did arrive along with the post-fireworks crowd, so a schoolboy error for someone who has been multiple times! If you miss the fireworks and go around 6 it would be fine I suspect.

There are "smarter" restaurants, but if they don't tickle your fancy, then each hotel has a buffet - parkside diner at the New York, Cape Cod at Newport Bay, and even Inventions at DLH (although this is a bit more upmarket and has characters) which are all laid back, help yourself, no standing on ceremony-types which may be more to your liking. In general the food is good.

I hope that helps a little?

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diddy&Co View Post
I'm still confused. For example... could we eat at toad hall on the dining plan?
according to this information on the DLP site -

holidays.disneylandparis/meal-plans.html

no. With a plus full board plan all of your meal vouchers are for table or buffet service restaurants, none of them are for counter service restaurants (toad hall is counter service).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Diddy&Co
Trainee Dibber

Thanks! I think I sort of get it now. I'm thinking we get a Buffet breakfast at our hotel then we could have a buffet for lunch and then a table service in the evening.

I was quite shocked at the prices of the meals!
Old 8 Jan 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OK.
You are in a moderate hotel so you get vouchers that would allow you to eat in your hotel and at restaurants of the same category. That should be on the vouchers. If you did want to eat at a nicer restaurant you could use them at face value and pay up.
Don't dismiss the fine dining at DLP, it is beautiful and not stuffy. The waiters are great with kids and are not judgemental. You are in France where food is king. We don't like many of the quick service places with a couple of exceptions they are not good. The buffets are good though.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are at the buffet restaurants in August. We tried Agrabah Cafe (which we loved). Billy bobs (not my favourite but my kids loved it). The canteen in the Studios which had good food but a canteen like atmosphere. And for our final voucher we used it as cash to eat at chez remy which I throughly enjoyed but it is more fine dining.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cills2015
Proud to wear my Ears

Not sure if we just got lucky with the manager on shift at the time, but last week we used our half board plus vouchers in a counter service restaurant (cowboy cookout BBQ)

I had stupidly not booked our evening meals in advance thinking it would not be that busy...how wrong I was! We arrived on Weds and when I went to our hotel concierge on Thurs morning to try and book tables there was ZERO availability for that day in any table service or buffet restaurant unless we went after 10.00pm.

We went into the Cowboy Cookout BBQ at 2.30pm and they said we could use our vouchers (obviously value wise we were missing out as the menus we had would only cost 15 euros and the voucher is worth 35 euros).
We didn't have much choice though and the food was enjoyable!

Cills2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Diddy&Co
Trainee Dibber

I understand the vouchers have a face value? Does this mean that even if we go to the correct restaurant that we have to stick to a price limit on the set meal?