Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
We travelled on the 9th August (sorry been on Disney cruise straight after so just come on to report).

The interesting "gift" in room was actually not a gift it was $30 as ours had a price on it.

There were parts I liked and parts I didn't overall.

• Some of the shows were Epic - Duel Reality for example was amazing as were the singers
  • The evening variety of food was nice as you got to try different things
  • The Dock House is a lovely setting for both drinks and Mezze
  • Testing - they had sorted it a lot since the first cruise. It was a bit of a faff but definitely quicker than expected. We were onboard by 1:30pm after arriving around 12

Dislikes
  • The app didn't work 90% of time and room service ordering definitely didn't on there
  • Lots of it was shock for shock sake rather than with a some meaning behind it. For example one of the singers (the Hostess) was amazing but stripped at one point in her act and it wasn't required at all.
  • Food during the day was lacking overall. The "buffett" was basic and only had about 2/3 items per different station which never changed so on longer cruises I would definitely struggle. By breakfast on the last day I was over it.
  • Advertised number of venues - lots of the things they classed as bars I would class as walkways where there happens to be someone serving drink. There were only a few venues that felt like proper bars.
  • Dining tables - most were shared bench tables which was OK but meant there was no physical distancing really. They sat every seat and didn't leave gaps between parties. This also meant venues were very loud (especially Pink Agave)
  • HYGIENE! So unlike other cruise lines nowhere did they enforce the "sanitise before entering" for restaurants etc. We experienced an issue with cross contamination onboard (shellfish allergy) and also heard about another incident on the very same day. As they weren't enforcing sanitation like other cruise lines I actually would be surprised if there weren't more issues. Salt & pepper pots were left on tables between parties even where allergies were flagged like we did everywhere and this is easily a source for contamination. We were unlucky but even the way this was handled was not cruise standard at all (no confinement to the cabin or testing for COVID etc until pushed 12 hours after the incident).
That's interesting to read, thank you.

My husband and I are both Coeliac, and I am also a vegetarian. I'd be really interested to know how I'd get on as a gluten-free vegetarian!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
That's interesting to read, thank you.

My husband and I are both Coeliac, and I am also a vegetarian. I'd be really interested to know how I'd get on as a gluten-free vegetarian!
At the restaurants, the servers always asked about allergies etc and every menu had vegetarian and vegan options.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
At the restaurants, the servers always asked about allergies etc and every menu had vegetarian and vegan options.
Although they asked they didn't always monitor properly. For example in Razzle Dazzle (a vegetarian restaurant) the Grasshopper cocktail was served to my sister (a vegetarian) with a dried grasshopper on top! Luckily she wasn't too freaked out and just passed to me but as she had said vegetarian when they asked and order a vegetarian meal it seemed a little strange!
Old 20 Aug 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
Hi all

Anyone taken the plunge and booked a Virgin Voyages Summer Soiree? We're booked to go on Friday 20th and would be good to share info etc as its all very new and looks very exciting!

I am waiting for some blogs etc to find out more about this new offering. If anyone has seen any, please let me know!
Have a great time catalunya. Maybe see you on board.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Have a great time catalunya. Maybe see you on board.
You too Jocat! (If we ever make it! 2hrs waiting to be tested and counting!)
If you see a long haired redhead with a nose piercing and tall man with her say hi!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
You too Jocat! (If we ever make it! 2hrs waiting to be tested and counting!)
If you see a long haired redhead with a nose piercing and tall man with her say hi!
Oh really? How has that happened? I thought they had it all sorted when we went last Friday.

What a nightmare!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We took over two and a half hours last week from arriving at the P&R to getting on board. An hour in the first car park before we were sent over to the testing site.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
We took over two and a half hours last week from arriving at the P&R to getting on board. An hour in the first car park before we were sent over to the testing site.
Did you get there an hour before your onboard time?

I don’t understand what is happening there. We pulled up, got out letter and were sent straight to the testing site. We were there for approx 30 mins in total then headed to the port.

How come it’s so varied? It should be straightforward shouldn’t it.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We had a boarding time on monday at 2pm we got to the testing place an hour before as stated we were on the ship anout 2:40pm i was only delayed due to my test pending taking 30 mins instead of 15-20 mins so ours was smooth

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Although they asked they didn't always monitor properly. For example in Razzle Dazzle (a vegetarian restaurant) the Grasshopper cocktail was served to my sister (a vegetarian) with a dried grasshopper on top! Luckily she wasn't too freaked out and just passed to me but as she had said vegetarian when they asked and order a vegetarian meal it seemed a little strange!
Wow! A bit weird having a dried grasshopper on top, and definitely not good serving that to a vegetarian.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List