Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Aug 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
I love Splash Mountain. I remember going on Space Mountain after its refurb a few years ago and thinking not much had changed. The ride was exactly the same - and it is a classic so that was fine but it does make me think maybe Disney will not spend all they should on the re-imagineering.
Old 30 Aug 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I would like it to stay as Splash Mountain. Too many memories and its iconic for the park.
I hope it is not ruined like they did for Test Track, I also much preferred the old version.
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Couple of questions... has anyone seen any updates to when Splash Mountain will close for the refurb? A few days ago I heard that it's still not been released.

Also - do we think that it will then be added to "Individual Attraction" on Genie+?

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Couple of questions... has anyone seen any updates to when Splash Mountain will close for the refurb? A few days ago I heard that it's still not been released.

Also - do we think that it will then be added to "Individual Attraction" on Genie+?
No updates on when it's closing. If I was to guess, I'd say maybe January to get through the crowds of first few months of the anniversary plus the Christmas peak. But they've closed Splash over summer before, so I don't think they care too much about crowd/seasonal impact.

Fully expect it to go on IAS although this will depend whether they intend to only have 2 rides on IAS because they will bump it down for Tron. Bets on which will open first?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Wikipedia tells me that it became "Disney’s most successful traditionally animated film since Lilo & Stitch in 2002".

It was a box office success and made a profit although not a huge success and not a huge profit. So it didn't bomb, as such, but wasn't a big hit either. Unfortunately, it was released a week before Avatar so was somewhat overshadowed by that.

My only regret is that we'll be losing the wonderful Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah song.
I believe Disney+ are going to introduce a new series relating to Princess and the Frog, similar to how they have launched Monsters at Work
Old 31 Aug 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
They are also renaming the attraction to Splash the Cash Mountain.

Along with many others like No Space for You Mountain, $70 Dwarfs Mine Train, The BankStormer, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Prices Railway and Rise of the Surge Price Resistance.
This would be hilarious if it wasn’t true! 😫😫

Okay, the names are really very funny 🤣🤣🤷
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post

I doubt it will happen during the anniversary, my guess is after the anniversary is over that it will then be closed for a refurb. Baring in mind all the new rides should then be open (Tron, Guardians etc) there won't be any new/refurbed rides being worked on.

Baring in mind that the Maelstrom was closed for nearly two years to get it to Frozen, I would have thought there would be even more work to get Splash refurbed.

As to an individual attraction, quite possibly.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
No updates on when it's closing. If I was to guess, I'd say maybe January to get through the crowds of first few months of the anniversary plus the Christmas peak. But they've closed Splash over summer before, so I don't think they care too much about crowd/seasonal impact.
Given how long it'll take to refurb (as dan223 says above, Maelstrom took 2 years so I'd expect at least that for Splash) it doesn't really matter when Disney choses to close it because it will probably be closed over a couple of summer periods.

They may wait until Tron is open just to distract people from this refurb work? I'm still guessimating that Tron might open in April next year, so they might close Splash then after the Easter crowds have gone? Or maybe it'll be January when it's colder and off-peak time, as you say.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List