Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Sep 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Weather in Turkey or Egypt for October half term.

I’m just waiting for my Florida trip to be cancelled and then will be booking somewhere else for October half term. I have found some good deals for Turkey (Antalya area) but am not sure if we are taking a chance on the weather that time of year? Would be flying out on 17th for 11 or 14 nights.

I have also had a look at Egypt as the weather looks better and there are some good prices for Hurgada and Sharm but not sure about suitability for teenagers who will be 15 and 16?

Dubai is another choice but seems really expensive for October as the expo is on. Basically double the price of the others for the RIu Dubai which looks ok but not great.

Has anyone been to any of these places at the end of October and if so what’s the weather like? (Hotel recommendations also gratefully accepted) Thanks.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Turkey end Oct ..

Have been to Turkey that time of year many times and the weather has always been good to us ! Definitely chilly at night you will find ,places that are open tend to have big fire pits and blankets for you . That being said you will be further along the coast from my special place . I love that time of year but it depends what you are after.. many places close around that time so do some research on that particular area forum .
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

The weather is gorgeous in October in Hurghada . My favourite time to visit. Day time temperatures can be 28-30 degrees C and night time temperatures around 20-21.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Hotels I’d recommend are any in El Gouna and in Hurghada the Marriott and Steigenbergers
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I went to Antalya in 2018 staying at the Adalya Elite Lara which was a lovely hotel. In October then it was warm during the day then cold around 4pm. We went back again in 2019 staying at the Titanic Mardan Palce, beautiful hotel but the service was terrible and I would not recommend it personally based on our experience. The weather however was roasting all day and well into 10pm at night. It was easily high 20s.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

We did Lara beach in October half term 5 years ago and the weather was awful. We had one good day and 6 days of overcast and rain (though warm) we went expecting sunshine so we were disappointed.

Having said that we obviously didn’t learn as we are doing a week in Corfu from 15th Oct where we run similar risks with the weather but mentally more prepared with back up plans for poorer than expected weather

So I think it depends on what you want and your expectations
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List