Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

Disney deluxe in the middle of an onsite stay

We have booked a 14 night stay at Pop Century for next August. I am thinking of booking 1 night at the Grand Floridian during our stay, using Tesco Clubcard vouchers, to make use of the deluxe extra magic hours.
As I wouldn't want to move all our luggage to and fro, I would keep the Pop booking for the 2 weeks.
I'm not sure whether this will create issues, linking to DME, as I will already have a hotel room booked for that night.
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

MDE definitely doesn't like having two rooms assigned for the same night. So you could have issues trying to do this.

For how many people? Given the price of GF in August (starting at $750/night) it could work out cheaper to buy after hours tickets, assuming it's the MK hours that you'd want. Looking at your countdown, the Halloween one should be on then. You'll have no hassle of moving, a fun event and get more time in the park compared to evening hours.

ETA: Tickets for this year's Boo Bash started at $129 for August dates so even if you needed 4, that's still cheaper than an average night at GF.

Edited at 07:58 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
MDE definitely doesn't like having two rooms assigned for the same night. So you could have issues trying to do this.

For how many people? Given the price of GF in August (starting at $750/night) it could work out cheaper to buy after hours tickets, assuming it's the MK hours that you'd want. Looking at your countdown, the Halloween one should be on then. You'll have no hassle of moving, a fun event and get more time in the park compared to evening hours.

ETA: Tickets for this year's Boo Bash started at $129 for August dates so even if you needed 4, that's still cheaper than an average night at GF.
We are planning on using Tesco Clubcard vouchers, so effectively the night would be free.
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess boo View Post
We are planning on using Tesco Clubcard vouchers, so effectively the night would be free.
You're still paying for it though, since you could use the vouchers for something else. If GF is a bucket list hotel and you think that's worth the money for the experience, then I would do it on that basis. But not for EMH access, IMO.

The best value for EMH would do a one night's points rental somewhere cheap like an OKW studio instead, should cost about $200. Although you're still likely to have the issue of two linked hotels, which is why I think After Hours are the best combination of price and practicality. Plus you get free sweets.

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Enjoy your night at GF.

It should be fine shouldn’t it? There must be a way round it- you won’t be the first or the only ones who have done that. I was thinking along similar lines at one point but we’ve cancelled December now. I’ve only ever gone back to back resorts or hopped off to Hard Rock leaving our stuff at WDW… but a quick enquiry to Disney should solve it- they probably get asked that a lot.

It’ll be a great experience during your stay and a treat strolling back over to GF from the park or getting the boat back. It’s the little luxury’s like that isn’t it that really make it.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You would think that it would be easy but... you can't have 2 rooms with the same names, the excuse is a "security" issue (I believe) the basics are that no one person can have access to 2 rooms at the same time.
The after hours is a better suggestion IMO, I think the EMH are going to be rammed with all those Deluxe guests that don't want to feed Disney's greed
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Would it work to use a slightly different version of your name or another person in your travelling group’s name?

For example if your original booking is Ms Princess Boo could your GF stay be booked as Miss P Boo?

No idea if that would work but you could book any ressies etc under your master booking for that day.
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Would it work to use a slightly different version of your name or another person in your travelling group’s name?

For example if your original booking is Ms Princess Boo could your GF stay be booked as Miss P Boo?

No idea if that would work but you could book any ressies etc under your master booking for that day.
I did consider suggesting this (or a second MDE account, which is the usual way to get around this) but since OP wants to use this to access EMH, thought it would also cause issues since the account linked to the GF stay wouldn't match the one linked to tickets which would throw an error trying to prove EMH eligibility since you need both room and ticket on the same account.
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I did consider suggesting this (or a second MDE account, which is the usual way to get around this) but since OP wants to use this to access EMH, thought it would also cause issues since the account linked to the GF stay wouldn't match the one linked to tickets which would throw an error trying to prove EMH eligibility since you need both room and ticket on the same account.
That’s annoying! Thanks for explaining
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ak1985
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi, can i ask what retailer you would use on Tesco to redeem the clubcard points against this? Thanks
ak1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List