Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Sep 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
Any info on my query regarding where to take the PCR tests..?
Hi Wayne
On the link notorious has posted below your post , it gives you a choice.but remember for Canada it has to be PCR and not LFt or antigen .
As we are rural and don’t have drop boxes close by for our chosen provider we have discussed driving to the closest clinic to us which I believe is Cardiff as I am such a worrier that it might get lost in the post
Our chosen provider is around £43 I know that Heathrow is doing drive thru tests but obviously more expensive if you want a super fast turnaround.

cross posted Wayne !

Edited at 03:45 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Yes Snow, if you read the paragraph I posted from Canada gov site, does it mean you must have the test at a lab as opposed to home testing?
wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
Yes Snow, if you read the paragraph I posted from Canada gov site, does it mean you must have the test at a lab as opposed to home testing?
I would read that as at a lab yes , it is all a bit confusing!
Our other option was to go early to London and do it before the flight within the 72 hour or less window
In the meantime stay away from everyone for the next month and do a couple of free NHS LFT’s to put my mind at rest .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Good morning everyone. I have been reading this thread whilst standing in a very long queue at Heathrow waiting to check in for my flight to Toronto.

I did my PCR test at home on Thursday using a company called Randox, put in in their drop box on Thursday afternoon and got my negative result by email on Friday evening which I was really impressed with as I wasn’t expecting to get it until Saturday.

I have uploaded everything requested into the Arrive CAN app and it said I am all done and it issued me with a receipt to present to the “Canada Border Services Officer”.

So it would seem a PCR test taken at home is acceptable... watch this space!
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Beva.
Old 19 Sep 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We fly on October 13th and plan to use randox at the airport as we are only 25 mins from EMA and I was worried about the postal ones being back in time.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bevawelly View Post
Good morning everyone. I have been reading this thread whilst standing in a very long queue at Heathrow waiting to check in for my flight to Toronto.

I did my PCR test at home on Thursday using a company called Randox, put in in their drop box on Thursday afternoon and got my negative result by email on Friday evening which I was really impressed with as I wasn’t expecting to get it until Saturday.

I have uploaded everything requested into the Arrive CAN app and it said I am all done and it issued me with a receipt to present to the “Canada Border Services Officer”.

So it would seem a PCR test taken at home is acceptable... watch this space!
Aw thank you so much, we are a bit stuck as there are no drop boxes by us and I am worried about them coming back in time.
Have had lots of positive comments about Randox so will try and find a way to do by post.
If you have a minute Bev could you update us on how it went on arrival in Canada and to be really cheeky how it was coming back
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

Hello again, just waiting to be picked up outside the airport. We were held on the plane when we landed for about 40mins because customs was busy and they only let so many people in the hall at a time.

Once I got off the plane, I was literally through customs, got my suitcase and outside in 15 minutes though! Super fast.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m flying Air Canada and now Boris has said no test needed to fly home just at the moment a day 2 PCR or an LFT if it changes does anyone know if that’s acceptable to fly with Air Canada home just using my double vaccine evidence? Obviously I’ll have a code for our passenger locator form of my day 2 test. I’m meaning that immediate before you fly test just to get on the plane which is not now our governments requirement?