Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 18 Sep 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Help - ALL4

I’ve just watched an extremely moving film called ‘Help’ on All 4. It is an excellent dramatisation of the struggles and hard work of carers and care homes during COVID (and in general). I have worked closely with this subject matter throughout COVID, and like too many of us - I have also had personal experience. It’s a tough watch, but it is a worthwhile watch - not only for the thought provoking issues it raises, but for the excellent performances from Jodi Comer and Stephen Graham. The whole cast is outstanding, but my word- Jodi is such a talent.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We watched last night; scary but excellently told and acted. Stephen Graham is a fantastic actor, best of his generation in my opinion.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I watched it last night, heartbreaking to see what happened. Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham both fantastic actors
Old 19 Sep 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

I have just finished watching this. A hard watch but incredible acting. The figures at the end show how care homes and staff were well and truly shafted 😥
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I was disappointed with the ending on this. Did enjoy though and sad to think its what actually happened
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

As a nurse who worked through the pandemic with dementia patients I can’t bring myself to watch this, it’s too close to home.

I am so glad that this programme has been made though, if only to
highlight just how horrific it was for all staff and their patients and families in any care environment, some of the decisions we had to make and situations we found ourselves in with little to no support from management or the government was horrendous.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Just watched it. What a powerful drama and amazing acting. 💔

My full admiration goes to all the care home workers that were treated so badly last year and for them doing the most thankless of jobs, they deserve so much more! 🥺

Heartbreaking but a must see!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

It was truely fantastic.

Watched with DD who works in a care home.

The reason it was good is that its TRUE, a National scandal off the scale, manovered by a totally incompetent government machine. As a result my faith in politics of any kind, by any party is totally shot. The opposition are equally to blame.

PTSD is inevitable for these poor lowly paid workers. My heart goes out to you all.

Disney332