Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Sep 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
≈≈≈≈, I can't believe I was just crying whilst also being rickrolled!

That was a BEAUTIFUL episode!
You big softie
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What platform is it available on?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
What platform is it available on?
Apple Tv
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I just love this so much, best thing I've watched in a very long time. Love everything about it, just brilliant 😁
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

What the heck is Nate playing at!?
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Boo! Hiss! to Nate

Can't wait until series 3, hope there is one
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We are so behind the times! Just watched episode 1 and 2 this week, can't read all your posts, but the length of the thread suggests we are on to a winner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Best TV show I’ve watched in years, in fact one of less than a handful I’ve actually sat down and watched rather than it be background whilst I do something else.
I love it and no spoilers but I knew !
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Best TV show I’ve watched in years, in fact one of less than a handful I’ve actually sat down and watched rather than it be background whilst I do something else.
I love it and no spoilers but I knew !
Me too ! It’s the one show I watch without a phone in hand ! There is so much more to it than the verbal script. Blink and you miss something that becomes poignant later on
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
There is so much more to it than the verbal script. Blink and you miss something that becomes poignant later on
nick mohammed posted about nates journey. only read this is youve seen the last episode of s2, unless you want spoilers!

twitter/nickmohammed/sta...064135/photo/1

but yeah, theres a lot of the journey that is unsaid, so you need to pay attention!

one of the guys on my normal tv forum had some good words about it all too...

I feel Nate's story the most as a first generation child of immigrants. It is almost ingrained in the culture that you have to drive your kids so hard to get ahead because of all the difficulties associated with starting over in a brand new country. For a long time a part of the subculture of immigrants was that success was a zero-sum game, if I am to succeed that means I must be taking the place of someone else. There's not enough room for all of us to succeed. That devolves into if I am to succeed that means I must put someone else down to do it.

Nate is a product of all his small successes never being good enough for his dad, and they have highlighted this and juxtaposed it alongside Sam's dad's pride in his activism. Rebecca hating then forgiving her mom for staying with her dad. Roy realizing the fatherly influence he has on his niece. Jaime, Ted, et al.

i absolutely loved the s2 finale. i think it covered everything i needed from it!

i'm really glad trent crimm (the independent) got fired for revealing his source, that would have wound me up if there no consequences!

Edited at 03:11 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List