Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Using BA Voucher on New Booking

Hi, has anyone used their BA vouchers from cancelled bookings from this year on a new BA holiday booking (either flight + car or flight + hotel)?

Can I ask if the voucher values you used showed up as the deposit you have paid on your new booking? I’ve made a new booking and used £750 of vouchers, my total cost has reduced by £750, whereas I thought it should show the original total cost less a £750 deposit to show a balance to be paid at a later date. The reason for my query is what if I have to change the booking again, my £750 of vouchers and what I’ve paid to date no longer shows up in manage my bookings therefore how do I prove what I’ve paid as a deposit if I wanted to cancel………once you have used your vouchers do you lose them for good; I.e, you can never receive that ‘deposit’ as a new voucher in the future?
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We cancelled and had a future travel voucher for £150, then booked another trip and paid a deposit of £120. The value of the future travel voucher was then taken off the total price of the holiday after a couple of weeks. Hope this helps
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We cancelled and had a future travel voucher for £150, then booked another trip and paid a deposit of £120. The value of the future travel voucher was then taken off the total price of the holiday after a couple of weeks. Hope this helps
Thanks Lola, that’s the same as me then; I.e. the total price of my holiday reduced by the value of the voucher. For some reason I was thinking they’d use the voucher as my deposit and it would show up as that. Do you know what happens if we had to cancel the new booking (hopefully not but let’s say COVID stopped travel in to the US again) have we lost the value of the vouchers we have used as it doesn’t show up as us having paid anything towards the price (other than your £120 deposit in your case)?
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jarralisa
Helping Minnie

Don't worry! Theres a paper trail in both your old booking and your new one If you do need to apply for a voucher you will get what you have used in vouchers and any additional payments.
jarralisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

On the BA site it states there are two different vouchers. If you look at ‘Vouchers and Refunds’ page on BA website scroll to the bottom of that page and it gives the terms & conditions. I think if BA cancels you’re entitled to a refund, if you cancel you get another e-voucher but check you have an e-voucher or ‘future travel voucher’ and read the relevant t&c’s.

BA moved our flight to a different day and sent a text with link to a landing page offering ‘accept new flights’ or ‘cancel for refund’ or ‘cancel for voucher’ we chose cancel for refund and they emailed us a voucher! I took a screenshot of the landing page so will take this up with them when they’re not so busy!
Old 25 Sep 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

We had the same issue with our booking for NY. However when I cancelled it, I got the refund/vouchers for the full amount without any issues. As someone else has says, it shows up on their system, although it doesn’t show on your booking.
Seems a strange way of doing things to me, but didn’t have any issue.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List