Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Sep 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It doesn’t make that much of a difference, look at Tim tracker, he has been wearing his mask inside and outside but has tested positive whereas Jen has just been wearing hers inside has been negative
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSaints
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
It doesn’t make that much of a difference, look at Tim tracker, he has been wearing his mask inside and outside but has tested positive whereas Jen has just been wearing hers inside has been negative
Masks are primarily to protect others (unless FFP3 grade - not what most people are wearing) so where the people you mention have worn their masks have minimal bearing on their likelihood of being infected.
TheSaints is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
So you have to wear masks indoors? That’s worse than the UK🙁
Only in Disney and I believe public transport. Everywhere else I have been it is merely "reccomended" (especially for anyone not vaccinated). The number choosing to wear masks in shops etc has gone back up again from when mask wearing was first relaxed. It is probably as high as 30-40%. Considering our recent surge I personally am not surprised at all especially as Orange and Osceola Counties are not "Trump Country".
Old 26 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ukdisneynut
Getting Excited

What’s the rule for kids ? Mine will be 4 when we go
Ukdisneynut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ukdisneynut View Post
What’s the rule for kids ? Mine will be 4 when we go
There aren't any differences between adults and kids mask rules in Disney. Anyone age 2 years and above has to wear a mask.

At the moment it's just indoors. Who knows what the rules will be by the time we get there.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
So you have to wear masks indoors? That’s worse than the UK🙁
Like in England, it's not a legal requirement in the USA (well, not Florida anyway) to wear masks inside either. Just a recommendation. However, Disney is following the CDC guidance and requires all guests to wear masks when inside their property. It's the same with a few businesses here in England - some of them are also following government guidance and require people to wear masks when inside.

As folk have already said it's still a legal requirement to wear masks indoors in some parts of the UK, just not England. Therefore, the UK as a whole is actually slightly "worse" (= more strict) than the USA regarding mask wearing.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That really means nothing at all.

Masks do not 100% protect you from the coronavirus and, in fact, do very little in that respect. Masks are better at protecting others from catching COVID from you. But, again, they are still far from being 100% effective.

People are being asked to wear masks because, as a population as a whole, it helps reduce and slow the spread of the virus. They work primarily on a larger scale, not so much on an individual basis.

Just because one person wears a mask and gets COVID whereas another person doesn't wear a mask and stays COVID-free doesn't prove nor demonstrate anything. It's a bit like saying because someone has smoked 20 cigarettes a day for the last 30 years and never had cancer then it's perfectly safe for everyone to smoke.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

There is NO way I am going to WDW until the masks are not being enforced inside.

Florida weather is bad enough without wearing a mask.

I want to enjoy my holiday not have to bow down to people who are worried about covid yet go to theme parks... If you are that worried about catching it - stay home.
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Tim hasn't been wearing it all the time outside. Tim has also been going out a lot more than Jen. Tim & Jen have been sharing a bed prior to Tim finding out as well. Outside is much less likely to make a difference as fresh air makes a considerable difference.

The mask protects others around you, not so much yourself.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
There is NO way I am going to WDW until the masks are not being enforced inside.

Florida weather is bad enough without wearing a mask.

I want to enjoy my holiday not have to bow down to people who are worried about covid yet go to theme parks... If you are that worried about catching it - stay home.
I don't disagree that wearing it in the heat is not going to be great, but your wearing in indoors, in the AC, so out of any location you have to wear it it really is probably the best?

I'm hoping the time I go wearing it inside won't be enforced, other parks are "recommending" to wear it inside, but are not enforcing in any way.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List