Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 25 Sep 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Ours is different this year……
Last year Hubby was poorly for two weeks with food poisoning so we are going away to Las Vegas…. Just the two of us as eldest has a house with his GF, they moved in yesterday and youngest is going to his GFs as she was with us last year.

Christmas Eve we are going via helicopter to the Grand Canyon for a champagne lunch in the canyon and then return via helicopter. (This was meant to be xmas day but they moved it)
Christmas Day chill and have dinner in Hells Kitchen
Boxing Day horse riding and bbq.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Christmas Eve, sea world

Christmas Day, villa and swimming in the pool

Boxing Day, discovery cove

😂 back to normal this year and we couldn’t be happier 😂
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Lovely to read all the family traditions on this thread 💞 For us

Christmas Eve
The adult children come home. The Turkey is cooked, the kitchen smells Christmassy. We watch Muppets Christmas Carol. Light a Christingle Have a Christmas Eve gift

Christmas Day
Present opening. Video call to our son who lives overseas. Turkey and all the trimmings. Lots of chocolate

Boxing Day
Relax with family. Turkey, ham chips and pickles for lunch. Family pop in. Very chilled day
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Christmas Eve, sea world

Christmas Day, villa and swimming in the pool

Boxing Day, discovery cove

😂 back to normal this year and we couldn’t be happier 😂
I don't think SeaWorld can be beaten on Christmas Eve 🎄
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Working for a company that is open 365 days a year means a good year is having both off , this year looks like I can’t escape the dreaded Christmas Eve shift which is always a pain.
People grumbling “what do you mean engineers don’t work Christmas Day and Boxing Day , how dare they want to have a Christmas too” and then there’s the drunks ……..
I’d honestly rather work Christmas morning instead !

A normal as in non working Christmas Eve is shoot down to the bakers about 7am for fresh bread (Boxing day sandwiches need the best bread) and then potter for the rest of the day with Christmas movies playing .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Christmas is usually prepping everything for Xmas day, getting the table laid for the big day. Also I go to the cemetery to see my Dad and grandparents graves😢 I still miss my dad everyday and could cry just thinking of him even though it’s been 10 years.

Xmas day, usually up at 5am, open presents, make breakfast and then go to my mums to see her. Then we come home and I start cooking the dinner. Eat at 3pm, or if my son and his girlfriend are going to her family in Grimsby then it 2pm so they can get off straight after. Then after that it’s just relaxing and watching TV, with a Turkey barn cake for tea.

Boxing Day used to be a buffet, but now just hubby and myself and the dog, so we just chill out as back home work the day after.

Love Xmas though it really lifts my spirits😀
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Christmas Eve - some visiting in the morning, tradition to call in with a good friend, then pick up any last minute pieces. Home to spend afternoon cooking my Xmas ham, listening to Xmas music. Tea usually a takeaway or oven pizza and sides. Drinks later, my DS is usually up later than me so a few manoeuvres to get his stocking and pressies set up.
Christmas Day is a lie in now with a teenager, I'm usually first up prepping for dinner. Quiet day for the three of us, usually visit my parents grave weekend before Xmas. Happy to eat, drink and relax!
Boxing Day is busy, boys usually go to watch local football in the afternoon, I go to my in laws and meet them there and we have larger family get together with buffet and drinks.

Day after Boxing Day is pyjama day to recover, yay!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Christmas Eve: love that the shops finally close! I can relax not think about rushing about getting any more last min bits. We always go to the panto on Christmas Eve too - love it!

Christmas Day: love watching my DS9 opening his gifts. We have brunch at ours with my family then later we go to my in-laws and family.

Boxing Day: pjs, telly, eat and nothing much else!
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Christmas Eve: I normally cook the Christmas gammon and then around tea time we walk to our local wine bar for drinks, usually picking up an indian takeaway on our way home. I always leave Christmas Eve boxes for the 'kids' on the doorstep with new pj's, chocolate and Christmas bits each, even now they are grown up. Last year they did a box for myself and DH with lots of lovely things in it. I must admit, I cried... a lot!
Christmas Day: DD has worked on Christmas morning for the past couple of years as someone needs to see to the animals but this year she is not so we will have Bucks Fizz, coffee and pastries while we open presents. We normally all then go to visit my parents grave to take a wreath and flowers. We take the dogs with us to give them a good walk and then call in to see my DH's parents. Then its home for champagne while DH cooks Christmas Dinner while I assist (by drinking said champagne!).
Boxing Day: DH makes his amazing turkey curry with the leftovers and then goes to the football with DS. We have curry and lots of chocolate in the evening usually with drinks and sometimes play a board game.
I love Christmas. Even though the kids are now 20 and 16, its just a really fun special time for us as a family.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Loving this thread!

Christmas Eve - Pancakes for breakfast, prep for Christmas dinner and watch a Christmas film

Christmas Day - all about family time, playing boards games eating too much and not looking at any screens!

Boxing day - another family day and making bubble and squeak with the left overs
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List