Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
Day after Thanksgiving for us. Land Black Friday afternoon. As DH said today - next Friday, we’ll be able to say ‘we’re going next month…’

We stay near the Vineland outlet mall and go to the Publix on the way from the airport to the hotel. I love seeing all the people with their shopping, sets me up for the holiday.
Oh is it the publix by the vineland outlets you use? That’s the one I use , the cake counter is my idea of heaven ! there is also an Aldi and a target now at the new vineland pointe shopping and dining area a couple minutes in car from the publix but I will stick with publix
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
Oh is it the publix by the vineland outlets you use? That’s the one I use , the cake counter is my idea of heaven ! there is also an Aldi and a target now at the new vineland pointe shopping and dining area a couple minutes in car from the publix but I will stick with publix
Yes that’s the Publix we use, I love that cake counter!
I hadn’t heard about Aldi and Target, thanks. We’ll definitely check those out as well.
Trader Joe’s is our other favourite 😍
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
Yes that’s the Publix we use, I love that cake counter!
I hadn’t heard about Aldi and Target, thanks. We’ll definitely check those out as well.
Trader Joe’s is our other favourite 😍
Ah nice to see a fellow publix cake fan! I’m sorry to say however that the trader Joe’s at vineland pointe is gone( Aldi took the space over ) but there is still one on sand lake road as far as I know
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Ah nice to see a fellow publix cake fan! I’m sorry to say however that the trader Joe’s at vineland pointe is gone( Aldi took the space over ) but there is still one on sand lake road as far as I know
It’s the Sand Lake one we use after going to Universal. Phew! Had to check and it’s still there by the look of it.
But yep, cakes at Publix! Also love Erin McKenna’s at Disney Spring. Good job we do lots of walking in the parks…..
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Yes the walking def helps! Hoping for news this week about when I’m nov we can fly.
Also I must apologise there was never a trader Joe’s at Vineland pointe it was lucky supermarket so my apologies
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Yes the walking def helps! Hoping for news this week about when I’m nov we can fly.
Also I must apologise there was never a trader Joe’s at Vineland pointe it was lucky supermarket so my apologies
Looks like you’re the day after us. Exciting times!
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Yeh not long to go, I should be there at the moment but it was another trip that was cancelled , only there for 9 nights for the nov trip as couldn’t get anymore than that as other ppl are off but 9 nights will do me! I have another trip booked for next may but that seems so far away at the moment
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
My holiday on 2nd Nov MAN-MCO was cancelled Friday afternoon when we thought all would go ahead, the balance was/is due this week on 30th September to Virgin. Hoping we've just been unlucky and once we know when the USA is open we can rebook. Still got all my park days booked and allocated!
I'm booked for the 2nd MAN - MCO and ours hasn't been cancelled. Did you book a package through Virgin Holidays by any chance? I did see on Facebook that some people were incorrectly cancelled for early November and have had their holidays reinstated so fingers crossed you get it sorted soon 🤞
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk

Yeh not long to go, I should be there at the moment but it was another trip that was cancelled , only there for 9 nights for the nov trip as couldn’t get anymore than that as other ppl are off but 9 nights will do me! I have another trip booked for next may but that seems so far away at the moment
We are also looking to book May, but I can see flights are already getting booked up (not surprisingly) so I'd best get my behind in gear

9 days will be a lovely taster ahead of your trip next year. Love the build up to the holiday season over there.

Mind you, end November seems a long way off to me right now with 8 1/2 weeks of work, haha
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve booked a couple more things today.
Disney Tickets and Airport Hotel.
I just need to sort spends now and then I’m ready to go. I might even start packing ha ha

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List