Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Very nice photos of patios and days-out/holidays. Glad to see the sun is shining in them all.
We have spruced up our patio and I absolutely love it now , painted slabs lots and lots of greenery , new fences and new sofa. I just love sitting out there now .
Off to Devon next week for few days which I am really looking forward to - could do with the break now. So if anyone has any ideas of best beaches within an hours drive of Exeter do please let me know. Thinking od salcombe but worried about parking and of course doing the donkey sanctuary! So excited to visit the sanctuary 😂
So pleased you are pleased with your patio now it’s finished

I hope you have a lovely holiday. We’ve not been to South Devon for a while but we always liked Exmouth which is close to Exeter and Sidmouth is really nice too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post

Had a walk today along our local Cliff Walk, need to do this more often to get fit again.
This is beautiful 💞 What part of the country is this? You are lucky to live so close to these views and walks
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I will try and get a donkey and cream tea in same pic
a few pics of my patio - I haven't swept it lately so bit messy as I have either been at work or its raining! its not perfect but its quiet!

The patio looks beautiful although I’m sure your cat is impressed with it 😂 Such a gorgeous cat too 💞
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Hope you have a fab time.

We’re off to Devon next month and plan on a visit to the donkey sanctuary too.

DD adopted a donkey for her boyfriend last Christmas so we have to pop in and see how he is!
I hope you have a lovely time and your DD’s donkey is doing well 😂 We’ve been to Devon many times, and are huge animal lovers who go to lots of zoos and wildlife places, but never been to the donkey sanctuary. We really should go
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Hope you have a fab time.

We’re off to Devon next month and plan on a visit to the donkey sanctuary too.

DD adopted a donkey for her boyfriend last Christmas so we have to pop in and see how he is!
I love donkeys! 😍

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
This is beautiful 💞 What part of the country is this? You are lucky to live so close to these views and walks
It is actually on the South Coast of Ireland
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I will try and get a donkey and cream tea in same pic
a few pics of my patio - I haven't swept it lately so bit messy as I have either been at work or its raining! its not perfect but its quiet!

Patio looks fantastic love the colour! Some lovely plants too.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

my Devon break is done and here are some pictures, it was very nice but the weather was not as obliging except for the last afternoon ! In all honesty I probably wouldn't go away in UK in August again just purely because our weather has always been rubbish when we have been and there was so much traffic and people( I am glad we did it on the cheap too ) However the UK certainly has spots that could rival abroad- we packed a lot in to a few days and feel exhausted now! We did - Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth beach,Canonteign falls, Dartmoor zoo and on our last day we went into Dorset and did the coast walk between Lulworth cove and Durdle door. Apart from the Zoo we loved them all - we were a little disappointed in the zoo but maybe we have outgrown them. Here are some pics I shall bore you with

Canonteign Falls- we walked to the top

I didnt take many pictures at the Zoo - it was rainy and not that many animals wanted to come out.
the dorset walk was stunning

Even some cows wanted to admire the view !

I didn't realise how hilly Devon and Dorset was and my thighs now feel like they need a holiday!
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

my Devon break is done and here are some pictures, it was very nice but the weather was not as obliging except for the last afternoon ! In all honesty I probably wouldn't go away in UK in August again just purely because our weather has always been rubbish when we have been and there was so much traffic and people( I am glad we did it on the cheap too ) However the UK certainly has spots that could rival abroad- we packed a lot in to a few days and feel exhausted now! We did - Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth beach,Canonteign falls, Dartmoor zoo and on our last day we went into Dorset and did the coast walk between Lulworth cove and Durdle door. Apart from the Zoo we loved them all - we were a little disappointed in the zoo but maybe we have outgrown them. Here are some pics I shall bore you with

Canonteign Falls- we walked to the top

I didnt take many pictures at the Zoo - it was rainy and not that many animals wanted to come out.
the dorset walk was stunning

Even some cows wanted to admire the view !

I didn't realise how hilly Devon and Dorset was and my thighs now feel like they need a holiday!
So pleased you had a nice holiday, such a shame the weather wasn’t as good as it should be for the time of year. I think the traffic and overcrowding has been more of an issue this month due to the school holidays too.

Nevertheless your photos look lovely and you certainly packed a lot in. We visited Dartmoor Zoo a few years ago and I agree with you that it isn’t the best of zoos and could do with a revamp and a cash injection to bring it up to standard. We visited the Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove area in June on our visit to Dorset and found the area stunning, my legs certainly knew I’d walked after going down and back up to Durdle Door (and I didn’t walk the coast walk between them, we took the easy route and drove 😂 )
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So pleased you had a nice holiday, such a shame the weather wasn’t as good as it should be for the time of year. I think the traffic and overcrowding has been more of an issue this month due to the school holidays too.

Nevertheless your photos look lovely and you certainly packed a lot in. We visited Dartmoor Zoo a few years ago and I agree with you that it isn’t the best of zoos and could do with a revamp and a cash injection to bring it up to standard. We visited the Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove area in June on our visit to Dorset and found the area stunning, my legs certainly knew I’d walked after going down and back up to Durdle Door (and I didn’t walk the coast walk between them, we took the easy route and drove 😂 )
😂 I found the hill from lullworth cove up to the cliff top worse than the steps to beach - I thought I was fairly fit but that showed me how wrong I was 😂.
I did like both areas but thought some of the Dorset villages were particularly beautiful - the traffic less so and it has made me appreciate how hard it must be for residents of those places .