Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Also the guy at BA said they have 40 places in the queue (I guess for holidays) and they generally have 100 people calling at any time from what they can see on their screens 😬 Not sure exactly how this works and how many call handlers they have answering calls at any time but I guess it gives us an idea of why it’s been so difficult to get through.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Another success story here . Just got our cancelled October booking (flights plus car) moved and I’m really happy with what we’ve got.

Original booking was one week Heathrow to Orlando with car. £3134 for four of us with group F car. We wanted to rebook for three weeks in August.

While we were waiting for cancellation a few weeks ago I booked Heathrow to Miami plus one night in a hotel in Miami Beach first night and left off car hire as it was coming out at about £6.5k for the flights plus car.

Someone on another thread had suggested flight plus one night hotel as a way of only paying a deposit without the car. It was just over £4700 for Heathrow to Miami with the hotel I wanted for one night which was quite an upgrade (I think the hotel is about £630 per night.) So I knew I had to find car hire elsewhere and was going to leave that for a bit but I was glad we had flights secured.

Softy suggested I get the Orlando booking moved to keep the flight price low when it cancelled so when it did this week we went back to BA to see what they could do, planning to cancel the backup booking if we were happy with what they could offer to move. We got some bad information at first but persevered, which is why it’s taken a few days to sort out.

As I said upthread I quite liked the new idea of flights into Miami as we wanted a night at Miami Beach and potentially a few nights in Naples.

Having seen that others here were having problems with car hire being really expensive when bookings were being moved I was expecting to have to stick with my new booking because of crazy car hire prices.

I did some playing around with Orlando and Miami and different car hire plans on the website this morning before we spoke to BA this afternoon. I knew having the car for the entire stay if we had Orlando flights and car collected / dropped at the airport was £8.5k for a new booking, and Miami with airport collection / drop was £7.1k

In the end we asked them to quote for Heathrow to Orlando with car collection the following day at Aventura (we’re staying at Sapphire Falls) and see if they could move the flight home to Miami as that suits us better. Instead of taking the car back to the airport we thought it would be cheaper to drop off at Miami Beach the day before our flight home. We’d do a night at Miami Beach on the last night instead of the first.

He said he could move the flight home to Miami as apparently they can move to any airport within 300 miles of the original.

So Heathrow to Orlando with group F car hire for 20 nights then Miami to Heathrow for the four of us (had to add adult taxes for DD1 as she’ll be 16 for the new booking which was an extra £82.00). Total price £3383.45.

Really happy with that. Thank you so much Softy for the advice and help, and to all the others who have helped me in this thread .
You’re welcome Moosha. It’s always nice to hear everything working out well, especially when the agents have done something wrong in your favour (The 300 mile rule is only supposed to be if you move dates between 3 days before and 14 days after the cancelled flights).
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

That’s great thanks so much. So pleased you managed to get what you wanted at a good price
Thanks, really pleased to hear you got your trip sorted out too.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
You’re welcome Moosha. It’s always nice to hear everything working out well, especially when the agents have done something wrong in your favour (The 300 mile rule is only supposed to be if you move dates between 3 days before and 14 days after the cancelled flights).
Oh ok, well at least he moved it I guess . It’s a bit of a shame you know more than these guys answering the calls 😬 but yes just glad we got what we wanted at a good price. Thanks again .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Thanks, really pleased to hear you got your trip sorted out too.
Thank you, and if you hadn’t posted about moving your return airport yesterday we probably wouldn’t have thought it was possible or thought to ask so thanks again .
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Oh ok, well at least he moved it I guess . It’s a bit of a shame you know more than these guys answering the calls 😬 but yes just glad we got what we wanted at a good price. Thanks again .
I swatted up on flyertalk a while ago! I’ve spent most of this year sorting out friends/families trips with BA. I’m on the phone or live chat most days. Although now the cancellations are stopping my services shouldn’t be required anymore!
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Anyone had a refund yet?

I responded to the text message they sent last Monday but heard nothing yet.
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Anyone had a refund yet?

I responded to the text message they sent last Monday but heard nothing yet.
I responded to the text to and didnt hear anything then my flight was cancelled so I called them and they processed a refund which I received 2 days later.
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
I responded to the text to and didnt hear anything then my flight was cancelled so I called them and they processed a refund which I received 2 days later.
Yes I also got notification that my holiday was cancelled a few days after I responded.

I will give it another week as it said the refund can take 7-10 days and if nothing will call. I was trying to avoid calling them tbh!
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Yes I also got notification that my holiday was cancelled a few days after I responded.

I will give it another week as it said the refund can take 7-10 days and if nothing will call. I was trying to avoid calling them tbh!
Like you I was hoping responding to the text was enough