Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
What is better in UC for the 350?
It’s a brand new aircraft so much better re IFE screens etc. Better seat position IMO and just a much nicer interior
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It’s a brand new aircraft so much better re IFE screens etc. Better seat position IMO and just a much nicer interior
We have been changed so many times and all ended up cancelled. When we first booked this holiday we were on the 747

We have paid for UC and I have no idea what seats are good and every time we settle on some the plane changes again

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We have paid for UC and I have no idea what seats are good and every time we settle on some the plane changes again
There's no such thing as a bad UC seat
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We have been changed so many times and all ended up cancelled. When we first booked this holiday we were on the 747

I know how you feel! I've lost count of how many trips we've had cancelled. Just can't wait to get there now!
Old 26 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
OP - Stanleycamel

Thanks for keeping us updated, it’s been a great help. Can I ask though if you could point me in the direction of where you found out that MAN - ATL direct flights are cancelled up to 30th Dec? Flyertalk have them cancelled up to 1/12 and you can book direct from the 2/12 today. Just wondering which one is right (we fly back via ATL on 7/12 hence why I’m keen to find out!)

Thanks again

Mark
The update from VS on Thursday said cancelled up to and including 30 Dec but their timetable now shows 3 flights per week on Tues/Thurs/Sat from 2/12/21 to 30/12/21 so I am as confused as you. Perhaps a change was made when the updates went through yesterday - I will remove the MAN-ATL from Post#1 as it obviously isn't correct at this stage. The information comes from Virgin trade sources and needs specific access.

Edited at 01:53 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
The update from VS on Thursday said cancelled up to and including 30 Dec but their timetable now shows 3 flights per week on Tues/Thurs/Sat from 2/12/21 to 30/12/21 so I am as confused as you. Perhaps a change was made when the updates went through yesterday - I will remove the MAN-ATL from Post#1 as it obviously isn't correct at this stage. The information comes from Virgin trade sources and needs specific access.
Thanks for coming back to me and updating me, really appreciate it! Back to square one playing the will we / won’t we go waiting game!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Hiya SC, read your update re Man to Atl direct cancellation today. Due to fly that route on 1st Nov, no update/cancellation email from VS, so I check our booking for tell tale sign of seat allocation removal, yup, it's gone.

As VA are offering in-direct flights to Atl via MCO, AMS, CDG, JFK et al., I'll be interested to see what they suggest as an alternative.
Old 28 Sep 21, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya SC, read your update re Man to Atl direct cancellation today. Due to fly that route on 1st Nov, no update/cancellation email from VS, so I check our booking for tell tale sign of seat allocation removal, yup, it's gone.

As VA are offering in-direct flights to Atl via MCO, AMS, CDG, JFK et al., I'll be interested to see what they suggest as an alternative.
ChrisS-we also had MAN-ATL booked for the 1st Nov and also for our return flight this coming weekend. Both have been cancelled. I’ve spoke to them a couple of times and have settled on LHR-MIA for our November flights and ATL-LHR for this weekend. Not ideal by any means but there were no reward flights from Manchester for November and they wouldn’t let us swap to MAN-MCO-even indirect. However, I didn’t really push it and maybe you’ll get more luck!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rowlstar
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Morning folks….just a quick update on my phone call with Virgin. We should have flown 22/10 to from Manchester to Tampa via Atlanta (VS109) but still had not received the cancellation email…..
Waited approx 1 hour on phone and then dealt with very professionally…..agent confirmed that flight was cancelled and offered FOC rebooking or refund.
I was informed that cancellation emails are being sent but last minute due to the priority being to get people onto planes in November……..he did advise that ringing and waiting to speak to an agent was the best option if you needed/wanted cancellation confirmation sooner rather than later…..that was the case for me so I could get a refund and book another holiday ASAP…..good luck folks and a massive thanks to all contributors who have been posting some great advice on here!
Rowlstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
ChrisS-we also had MAN-ATL booked for the 1st Nov and also for our return flight this coming weekend. Both have been cancelled. I’ve spoke to them a couple of times and have settled on LHR-MIA for our November flights and ATL-LHR for this weekend. Not ideal by any means but there were no reward flights from Manchester for November and they wouldn’t let us swap to MAN-MCO-even indirect. However, I didn’t really push it and maybe you’ll get more luck!
Hiya Mqt, we're sorted too, did it this morning... only need to attend further if the US don't open for our Nov date.

Have a smashing holiday