Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jun 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that (free) fastpasses were never coming back ?

No only rumours. Nothing official from Disney
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

What is a fastpass kiosk?
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What is a fastpass kiosk?
It depends we are talking about legacy fastpass kiosk were you put your park ticket in and get a ticket back stating FP time for that specific attraction...

or...

the electronic ones used in recent times which can be used instead of using MDE on a mobile device to book 3 initial FP's or extra FP's after the first 3 have been used / expired in each specific park.
Old 25 Jun 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
It depends we are talking about legacy fastpass kiosk were you put your park ticket in and get a ticket back stating FP time for that specific attraction...

or...

the electronic ones used in recent times which can be used instead of using MDE on a mobile device to book 3 initial FP's or extra FP's after the first 3 have been used / expired in each specific park.
Well I assume people are talking about the present time as there is reference to kiosks being uncovered. So I am puzzled as I didn’t think there were kiosks in Orlando.?
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well I assume people are talking about the present time as there is reference to kiosks being uncovered. So I am puzzled as I didn’t think there were kiosks in Orlando.?
Yes, there are FP+ booking kiosks in the parks. If you've not used them though, you might not even be aware of them.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, there are FP+ booking kiosks in the parks. If you've not used them though, you might not even be aware of them.
You are right, never noticed them.
Old 27 Jun 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that (free) fastpasses were never coming back ?
Can you cite your source for the pretty much confirmed please?
sandslash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

There is a ton of specualtion of paying for FP Probably because Bob Paycheck wants to charge for everything and they want to claw as much back as possible. Disney have not said either way. Disney have not said FP is returning but it looks hopeful the the moving around of and uncovering of the fp kiosks. Do i think they will start charging? More than likely but i do wonder if they will leave the upcharge until after the 50th. As said, there is a lot going on for them as it is plus charging people the extra to make sure they get on the rides they want when prices are high for resort stays because it's the 50th will leave a sour taste in peoples mouths and they really don't want bad publicity marring the 50th celebrations, but i could be wrong and they could announce paid FP tomorrow for all i know.

Edited at 03:20 PM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Nope. There’s no confirmation of anything. It’s all rumour and speculation at the moment.

There is talk that Disney may introduce a paid Fastpass system that might be somewhat similar to Universal’s Express pass system, possibly called a Lightning Pass. Or maybe not - rumours seem to differ. But no one has confirmed whether this will replace the current system or be in addition to a free system. We really don’t know anything at the moment.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:17 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Beechwood Babe
Proud to wear my Ears

Well having been able to visit the parks in the last few weeks after renewing my annual pass, I have to say i am really liking no fast pass option! It is so much better having everyone in the same queue and the wait times are not that bad. I know there is still reduced capacity but it just seems better knowing that everyone is having the same experience. The standby line moves much more quickly when you don't have to wait for the fast pass people to get in front of you. I think fast passes were great when originally introduced but the capacity of the fast pass line seems to have increased enormously over recent years, making standby a noticeably inferior option. And I say this as someone who has used fast passes enthusiastically for many years!
Beechwood Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List