Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Weird washing machine pipe work question

Weird one , hope someone can help me

I have given our washing machine to my mum.
All good unhooking it .
But I have a slight problem hooking it back up at my mums .

The water out pipe has an ending like this . It just screwed on/off to a ‘spout’ above the u-bend.

But my mums pipe work just looks like this below . I guess the idea is you just shove the grey pipe from the washing machine down the white fixed pipe on the wall.

But because of the plastic connector ,the grey pipe won’t go down the house white pipe .

I don’t seem able to pull the plastic connector out of the grey pipe . I don’t know if I should be able to or not ?
I could of course just cut the pipe below the connector ?
But then I presume I wouldn’t be able to get a new connector to fit as tightly as required into the remainder of the grey pipe should for whatever reason I end up wanting the machine back and want to refit it onto my spout .

What’s the solution please ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:40 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Stick the end in to a jug of hot water for a minute or two, you should then be able to twist and pull the white connector out.
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

Pull it harder it will come off. POur hot water over the end of the grey but to make it more supple and it should come off. I think you may need to put the spigot back on your waste and block the end off if not reconnected to another machine or you could end up with puddles when you use the sink
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Yes the grey pipe should just be placed in the pipe on the wall. I would guess the 90 degree angled bit will just need some brute force to pull off. Or buy a new hose.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Stick the end in to a jug of hot water for a minute or two, you should then be able to twist and pull the white connector out.
Originally Posted by wobblywibbly View Post
Pull it harder it will come off. POur hot water over the end of the grey but to make it more supple and it should come off. I think you may need to put the spigot back on your waste and block the end off if not reconnected to another machine or you could end up with puddles when you use the sink
Thank you both .

Wobbly can you explain the second half of your post please . I have no idea what a spigot is or what you mean 😪
I am the ultimate layman !
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Yes the grey pipe should just be placed in the pipe on the wall. I would guess the 90 degree angled bit will just need some brute force to pull off. Or buy a new hose.
I just read your last bit as buy a new house - thought that was a bit extreme for a washing machine pipe problem 😂
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wobblywibbly
Serious Dibber

I was pointing out that removing the connector attached to the hose will leave an opening into the waste pipe where it used to connect under your sink. That will need to be capped or water can get out of it when the sink it is connected to is used. If the connection was just to a pipe only for the washing machine then might not be a problem
wobblywibbly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wobblywibbly View Post
I was pointing out that removing the connector attached to the hose will leave an opening into the waste pipe where it used to connect under your sink. That will need to be capped or water can get out of it when the sink it is connected to is used. If the connection was just to a pipe only for the washing machine then might not be a problem
Ah I was thinking you meant an issue at my mums house .
It MIGHT just explain why i got a panicked phone call from my daughter at lunchtime today saying that the house was flooding.
I had forgotten all about it by the time I got home and for some reason I actually hadn’t been in the kitchen until reading your post

There will probably be a good reason why our kitchen currently looks like this with the sink contents drying out on the kitchen floor 😂😂😂😂

Old 13 Jul 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
for your mums washing machine Waste Standpipe you need a Crook End to go on the grey flexi hose

watch that video from one minute in for what to do

force ten is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
for your mums washing machine Waste Standpipe you need a Crook End to go on the grey flexi hose

watch that video from one minute in for what to do

Thank you