Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 31 Aug 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Thank you for telling us about this programme Stanley, it certainly was an eye opener to me. What an amazing young lady Amy is.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Thank you. Just an update though, he was so ill this mourning I rang for an ambulance and they’ve taken him into hospital. He must have felt really bad as he didn’t object! Hospital closed to all but essential people so couldn’t go with him, waiting for an update
How is your son today? Hopefully they’ve got the right treatment on the go for him.
I must watch the programme later.

I have UC and flare ups have always been infrequent but my luck has run out there! Constantly unwell at the mo and it’s so draining and frustrating.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great to have more and more people find out about this terrible disease.

Unfortunately I exhausted all medical treatment and I had to have surgery in January 2020, hardest thing ive ever had to go through but 18 months later and I’m the happiest ive been in 25 years!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

I thought I'd tag on here as I found this program really useful.

I'm currently awaiting a colonoscopy for a suspected Crohns or UC diagnosis.

I have been very poorly all year but it has escalated this summer.

One thing I have noticed is I'm quite emotional, I have a very pressured, high stress job and to be honest my boss has been rather unsympathetic. I have had very little sickness, only when I have had my eyes dilated for Chronic Uveitis, so perhaps 10 days this year.

Bearing in mind I work for social services.

Did anyone else struggle with emotions, is it just the body exhaustion?

Shoei
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

I have ulcerative colitis and over the past year had to try many different medications and steroids to try and get it into remission.

I’m very emotional, I think it is a combination of pain and extreme fatigue whilst trying to carry on with life as usual.

Stress is a major part of causing flares of these illnesses so your job could be making your symptoms worse 😞 unfortunately I have found people are not very understanding of what effects this has on your health, maybe not informed well enough or just plain embarrassment of talking about the subject. Programs like Amy’s are great as it really does make people aware.

I hope you get your diagnosis soon and can start to get better.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rockycat View Post
I have ulcerative colitis and over the past year had to try many different medications and steroids to try and get it into remission.

I’m very emotional, I think it is a combination of pain and extreme fatigue whilst trying to carry on with life as usual.

Stress is a major part of causing flares of these illnesses so your job could be making your symptoms worse 😞 unfortunately I have found people are not very understanding of what effects this has on your health, maybe not informed well enough or just plain embarrassment of talking about the subject. Programs like Amy’s are great as it really does make people aware.

I hope you get your diagnosis soon and can start to get better.
I have UC too. Diagnosed about a year and half ago. Have a very stressful job too - it’s not easy.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Just put it in my list
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My DD too has Crohns. Age 20 last year at the height of the pandemic I had to leave her in A&E in terrible pain. 8 days later was the first day I was allowed to see her post emergency surgery. She was consented for a resection and formation of ileostomy (stoma) Hours after surgery i finally managed to talk to someone on the ward and told me she'd had a resection no stoma for a stricture and abcess. I cant watch the programme because a friend told me theres a a tragic case on there too, its still too raw for me. Ive looked after IBD patients on a surgical ward for 6 years as a newly qualified nurse years ago. Have several family members with the disease and a friends daughter diagnosed at 14. Its a hideous illness and so glad she felt brave enough to raise awareness.
My DD is living her best life now at University and enjoying life minus most of her large bowel xxx
Old 12 Sep 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Thank you. Just an update though, he was so ill this mourning I rang for an ambulance and they’ve taken him into hospital. He must have felt really bad as he didn’t object! Hospital closed to all but essential people so couldn’t go with him, waiting for an update
How is he doing? Xx
Old 12 Sep 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
My DD too has Crohns. Age 20 last year at the height of the pandemic I had to leave her in A&E in terrible pain. 8 days later was the first day I was allowed to see her post emergency surgery. She was consented for a resection and formation of ileostomy (stoma) Hours after surgery i finally managed to talk to someone on the ward and told me she'd had a resection no stoma for a stricture and abcess. I cant watch the programme because a friend told me theres a a tragic case on there too, its still too raw for me. Ive looked after IBD patients on a surgical ward for 6 years as a newly qualified nurse years ago. Have several family members with the disease and a friends daughter diagnosed at 14. Its a hideous illness and so glad she felt brave enough to raise awareness.
My DD is living her best life now at University and enjoying life minus most of her large bowel xxx
Oh my word, I can not imagine how scared your daughter was on her own and how sick with worry you must have been. I am so happy that your daughter is doing well 💗
When was she first diagnosed?
If you don’t mind me asking, is she now clear of Crohn’s because most of her large intestine has been removed?
My sons whole tract is bad so when he almost needed surgery on his bowel they did warn us that he would still need medication due to his upper tract. (I am still learning so I get very confused) my son is doing really well at the moment 🤞🏻🤞🏻

The program is definitely up beat and positive. Although it gives a little insight to the disease I found it focused more on what you can still achieve whilst living along side it. One amazing young woman has very bad scaring from previous surgeries and she is now a model 🤩 I found the program inspiring although I did cry at one point.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List