Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Sep 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Vickyvoo
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Benefits of staying on property

We have had two holidays cancelled, both staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We curently have a reservation for 2022 staying at the Carribbean Beach.

With changes to free dining and now fast passes and Magic Bands, I am really struggling now to justify the extra cost of staying on property...

I do get the magic of staying in the Disney bubble, but are there any other tangible benefits that I should take into account when deciding on future trips... what do you think?
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Vicky I think it really depends on how much that "bubble" feeling is worth to you? So benefits :
Free park parking, offset of course by the fact that you have to pay a nightly parking charge at resort.
You get to book genie plus early, of course you also have to be up 2 hours earlier to do it
Free transport but then in reality anyone can use the transport although the logistics are that if park bound you have to get to a resort first
Deluxe are going to get the equivalent of EMH (evening) but I'm expecting this to be rammed with guests that don't want to pay for Genie+

Not sure if I've missed anything, after all it's a very short list, especially when you can expect to pay the best part of £300/night to stay at a Mod IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We have always stayed onsite, one of our reasons is that we do not wish to hire a car and it was more convenient, so we still have that benefit. Other than that, the only benefit left really is the half an hour early opening and the extra evening hours in Magic Kingdom and Epcot once a week.

The cost of a moderate would be acceptable for us, the extra cost versus offsite (considering all the taxis we would need if offsite) is not that much and would be something we are prepared to pay for the convenience and the few benefits.

On the other hand we have a booking in the Contemporary for September next year and it is £700 per night. We have nearly always stayed in deluxes before as we like them, but £700 with virtually no benefits is just silly and we will definitely be cancelling this. So the removal of benefits has meant we are priced out of deluxe hotels going forward. Animal Kingdom is possibly the exception as it does tend to be priced much lower than the other deluxe hotels.

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We just cancelled our Disney booking and booked a villa instead.
Very few perks for the price we were going to pay.

Never stayed off site before so it will be interesting.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I do love being in the bubble. Everything js done just so and I know that if I need help, the customer service in the resorts is amazing.

We don’t use DME because we always have a hire car. Magic bands? Still have the old ones plus we’ll probably use our mobiles more. The only big loss of perk for me is the free parking in the resort; i’ll probably use the giftcard to offset that.

Free DDP was a nice perk and the current dining credit offer is nowhere near its value. If paid DDP is coming back as rumoured, we’ll purchase the QSDP and use the dining credits for some table service and snacks.

Although saying that, I can’t do two whole weeks onsite. A split stay suits us fine. We’ll get our fill of Disney in the first week and then do other things week 2 with dibs into Disney at a leisurely pace
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I like the bubble for convenience, however the rates they're currently charging for the resorts aren't justified given the quality of the rooms and the limited perks. Deluxe priced itself above what I'm willing to pay a few years ago now, and moderates have now gone the same way. Therefore I've downgraded to a value for my next trip. With the dining offer credits taken into account, the room works out at around £100/night. That's an acceptable rate for the convenience IMO.

The dining and fastpass changes don't bother me TBH, but £600+ a night for the deluxes now is ridiculous for what they are. You can get Four Seasons or the Waldorf for less than that, and they are true 5* resorts.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

There are NO tangible benefits.

Disney332
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

The benefits are not there anymore imo, we wont be staying onsite again.
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Over a 4 day stay, the savings staying offsite for food and drink are considerable , plus the huge savings on a bed for the night, and even with an hire car we are still quids in, on our plan for next year, we have costed a saving of over £1500 staying off site, after everything, which basically pays for the tickets.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Staying at Disney really only been 2 reasons:
1) Free Dinning plan
2) Can pop back to hotel for a rest and refresh.

Now I got a fussy eater with my daughter who only eats food with batter on and if it tastes funny or looks different she won’t eat it and would eat a big pack of lays crisps instead. Now on the free dinning plan it wasn’t a problem but as she will be 11 when we go again I have to pay adult prices for her and won’t be happy to pay roughly $15 just for her to pick at it.
So if the free dinning plan does return in 2023/24 I will book a Disney World hotel but if it isn’t will be looking at a LBV hotel with breakfast included and regular free transfers to the parks.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List