Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Sep 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'm sure they're aware that a lot of DAS eligible people were using a combination of FP and DAS, or even managing just with FP. I suspect the overall booking numbers won't change that much, there will just be a small shift from FP to DAS advance.

I was happy to read this, after seeing several threads (not here) of people saying they'd just get a DAS pass by either exaggerating their condition or straight up lying.

I am DAS eligible (as is my best friend who may be travelling with me) but never previously claimed a pass since I could cope fine without one, especially since I would purchase EMM/AH tickets to avoid crowds. Will have to wait and see what happens as to whether it becomes required in future, but I have no issue paying for Genie+ if that's what's going to work best for me.
I agree. In 2019 I used DAS Probably four times. I need to see how this all pans out with queues etc
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Can they see by your finger prints or address etc that you previously had the DAS?

I know the us is different about proving disability but I’d have no issue getting paperwork should they so need it.

Just think if they can look up the person see they have had it before might save a lot of time on explanation.
Or could be done through a different method to the video call.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm sure they can see that you've had it in the past but the pass expires as some needs are temporary. So it won't change needing approval each trip.

You'll also still be able to visit guest services on arrival, the video call is an additional option rather than the only method going forwards.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Can they see by your finger prints or address etc that you previously had the DAS?

I know the us is different about proving disability but I’d have no issue getting paperwork should they so need it.

Just think if they can look up the person see they have had it before might save a lot of time on explanation.
Or could be done through a different method to the video call.
Problem is you may no longer have the condition that meant you couldn't stand in a queue. I was told when I got mine back in 2019 having had the old version that it was linked to my name etc but I be suspect they'll still double check.

It's not something I worry about TBH
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Problem is you may no longer have the condition that meant you couldn't stand in a queue. I was told when I got mine back in 2019 having had the old version that it was linked to my name etc but I be suspect they'll still double check.

It's not something I worry about TBH
Yeah I not worried about getting it renewed just the rigmarole of it lol.

God knows when we are going back anyway but always like to be in the know just in case we can just jet off and go.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Very much so I think. Not long after the announcement Disney released a statement saying abuse of the DAS system will result in a ban from DW
I saw this, but I wondered how Disney would ever be able to tell if someone’s abusing the system?
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I, alongside many others , would prefer showing proof of disability for DAS if it meant those faking it were put off applying for DAS.
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I, alongside many others , would prefer showing proof of disability for DAS if it meant those faking it were put off applying for DAS.
I do take copies of my medical records. I think TBH that genie plus miight make a few more "fake" it. It'll probably make many DAS holders use it more frequently, as for how will they know, not sure really,
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'm sure they can see that you've had it in the past but the pass expires as some needs are temporary. So it won't change needing approval each trip.

You'll also still be able to visit guest services on arrival, the video call is an additional option rather than the only method going forwards.
I suspect then, this will apply to American visitors only then, I can't see around the world video calls ?
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I suspect then, this will apply to American visitors only then, I can't see around the world video calls ?
Location shouldn't make a difference, video calling works globally. I'm on one practically every day between work and family abroad.

The main issue is that they will only be offered in English, at least to begin with.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List