Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

The Cleaner

Watched 'The Cleaner' yesterday on iPlayer.

It's written by and stars Greg Davies, the foul-mouthed star of The Inbetweeners and Man Down and it's absolutely brilliant.

Davies plays Wicky, a crime-scene cleaner; employed by the police to clean up where major crimes have been committed. He's the last one on the scene of murders so it's not the nicest job and that is reflected in his attitude.

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but it's written with real heart, while feeling very down to earth. Wicky meets the victims and occasionally the perpetrators of crime and in his own way, learns about them and treats them in a loving and caring way.

Highlights for me were the end of episode one and The Neighbour.

Don't want to say too much about it other than give it a go and please let me know what you think
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lardyboy View Post
Watched 'The Cleaner' yesterday on iPlayer.

It's written by and stars Greg Davies, the foul-mouthed star of The Inbetweeners and Man Down and it's absolutely brilliant.

Davies plays Wicky, a crime-scene cleaner; employed by the police to clean up where major crimes have been committed. He's the last one on the scene of murders so it's not the nicest job and that is reflected in his attitude.

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but it's written with real heart, while feeling very down to earth. Wicky meets the victims and occasionally the perpetrators of crime and in his own way, learns about them and treats them in a loving and caring way.

Highlights for me were the end of episode one and The Neighbour.

Don't want to say too much about it other than give it a go and please let me know what you think
Love Greg Davies, saw him on his last tour. Thought it was pretty good. Was a little concerned at the start as I assumed it would concentrate on the cleaning (blood, guts etc to get the laughs) a bit too much but things changed five mins in.

Helena Bonham Carter was very good as you'd expect as was Paul Chowdhry in his very small part.

Edited at 08:37 AM.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I thought it was just ok. Dont think Id watch it again or be excited for a second season.
Old 15 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i was talking to someone at the weekend who worked camera on this show

said it was great crack , helena bonham carter apparently is hilarious (in real life not just acting)
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tmwalsh View Post
Love Greg Davies, saw him on his last tour. Thought it was pretty good. Was a little concerned at the start as I assumed it would concentrate on the cleaning (blood, guts etc to get the laughs) a bit too much but things changed five mins in.

Helena Bonham Carter was very good as you'd expect as was Paul Chowdhry in his very small part.
I was wondering if there might be lots of body-part gags, but it was treated rather well. Paul Chowdry was brilliant. I'm sure I went to school with a kid that looked just like him

Helena was absolutely fab, especially at the end
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
i was talking to someone at the weekend who worked camera on this show

said it was great crack , helena bonham carter apparently is hilarious (in real life not just acting)
My wife was childhood friends with Helena and always ways lovely things about her and her family, so I guess it's not a surprise that she's a funny lady
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

just came on here to post about this, watching the first episode now, its GREAT!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We binged it on iPlayer on Wednesday night. Thought it was great.
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

First episode good, Bellatrix (sorry) Helena was fab 😉

Didn’t enjoy the second one though, will try the third 😁
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Darwen Bird
Imagineer

I'm hoping to catch up with The Cleaner later this week. I only discovered Man Down earlier this year (almost by accident) and it is simply magnificent (hilarious and bizarrely heart-warming). The final episode is up there with The Sopranos in terms of perfection.

Yes, seriously!
Days Inn Days Lodge, June 89 & 92. Travelodge Maingate East, July 03. West Stonebridge Villa, June 08. Orange Tree Villa, July 10. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 11. Hilton Bonnet Creek, Sept 13. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 14. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 16. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 17. Hotel New York Disneyland Paris, Sept 18. Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris, Sept 23. Margaritaville Resort, Nov 24.
Mr Darwen Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List