Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Paul Charles also had it confirmed by the government that under 18s are exempt if they have fully jabbed parents
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Paul Charles also had it confirmed by the government that under 18s are exempt if they have fully jabbed parents
Oh dear. Mr Charles has got so much wrong during the pandemic, so please excuse me if I treat this as just another bit of misinformation from the snake oil salesman.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Oh dear. Mr Charles has got so much wrong during the pandemic, so please excuse me if I treat this as just another bit of misinformation from the snake oil salesman.
Normally I'd agree as his 'predictions' are hardly ever right. But he has been told apparently. And Tui says the same
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Other sources are claiming they plan to require anyone eligible for a vaccine in the US Will be expected to be vaccinated. The truth is the US government haven’t finalised what they expect never mind letting third parties know! How many times has Paul Charles, Tui, Virgin and various other involved parties predicted the opening of borders?

Right now it’s guess work by all involved and it’s pointless trying to second guess, I’m sorry if that sounds rough or blunt but till the day we see an announcement it’s pointless trying to pre-empt what’s going to happen.
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Other sources are claiming they plan to require anyone eligible for a vaccine in the US Will be expected to be vaccinated. The truth is the US government haven’t finalised what they expect never mind letting third parties know! How many times has Paul Charles, Tui, Virgin and various other involved parties predicted the opening of borders?

Right now it’s guess work by all involved and it’s pointless trying to second guess, I’m sorry if that sounds rough or blunt but till the day we see an announcement it’s pointless trying to pre-empt what’s going to happen.
Agree with this. I’ve wasted far too much mental energy on this will we-won’t we situation for far too long.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Not talking about Paul Charles and the US. Others were querying whether unvaccinated children were going to be treated the same as vaxxed parents for the new rules brought in by our government, as there was nothing in the update about under 18s. Tui and PC both said they would be
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I’m also worried with the discrepancy around the Oxford vaccine - which I’ve had. Unfortunately there’s not much I can do about that other than continue to worry!
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Finnybobs112 View Post
I’m also worried with the discrepancy around the Oxford vaccine - which I’ve had. Unfortunately there’s not much I can do about that other than continue to worry!
I think you can stop worrying about that. It’s a WHO approved vaccine and there’s no indication that they won’t accept a WHO approved vaccine.👍🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Originally Posted by Finnybobs112 View Post
I really don't think you need to worry. The CDC website states about their travel vaccination guidance:

"This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines) and some vaccines used for U.S. participants in COVID-19 vaccine trials (such as Novavax). This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (such as AstraZeneca/Oxford)."

It's not that they don't think it provides good protection, it's just that they haven't approved it for use in the US (I assume due to the risk of blood clots).
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Norn Iron
Imagineer

Anyone any idea if under 16s will be exempt from needing the vaccine after yesterday’s announcement

Norn Iron is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List