Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Sep 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Canaries in December

Hi All 👋

So, its looking likely our December Florida trip ain't going to happen 🤔 therefore we're looking for alternatives, ideally the carribean but not looking likely for there either, so canaries looks like an option. Has anyone here been in December? Just wanted to know how it is weather wise, is it warm enough to sunbathe, also, I know they are windy islands but which one/resort would be the least windy?

Thanks! 🙂
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

We've been in January it's warm enough to sunbathe but can be cold at night. Deffinately look for a heated pool we didn't swim it was freezing.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've been to Tenerife in December a few times, weather was around 23/24 most days, some days as high at 30, but the temp drop at night goes down to about 15/16. Nothing a cardie or hoodie wont sort. Tenerife is less windy than Lanzarote (which would me my choice as we prefer it) Go for it! Agree with the heated pool comment, we went once and none of us went into the pool as it was ice cold... heated is a must!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 10:26 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Very interested in this thread as we are in the same boat, due to fly to Florida on 24th November but thought if we had to change we would go to the Bahamas, this is now not looking like an option so we are looking for somewhere in Europe to go instead.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We've been to Tenerife in December a few times, weather was around 23/24 most days, some days as high at 30, but the temp drop at night goes down to about 15/16. Nothing a cardie or hoodie wont sort. Tenerife is less windy than Lanzarote (which would me my choice as we prefer it) Go for it! Agree with the heated pool comment, we went once and none of us went into the pool as it was ice cold... heated is a must!
Hi, thanks for that, which resort do you go to in Tenerife please?
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why is Caribbean not looking likely sorry?

I’ve been to Tenerife 18-23 December and it was boiling
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

South Tenerife is good in December, we go to los cristianos/playa de las americas. I’ve just written a similar post about this in the General Trip Planning thread if you head over to there for more detail, but my advice would be to look up the location of the Cleopatra Palace hotel and look at options around there as there’s lots going on there and you’re right on a beach. It’s usually low 20s but can be higher in the day, you’ll need a jacket at night most likely but not every day.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post

We were looking at jamaica which is likely to go red list soon, mexico - red list, Dominican - red list, they are the 3 main ones we wanted, would love Barbados but don't want the PCR test then quarantine when you arrive there as we have 2 unvaccinated teens , my nerves couldn't take it 🙈
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post

I want to go to the Caribbean but I’m having issues in that a lot of the islands were either spoken about as being close to going on the red list at the last update (so it worries me a bit they could end up there soon), Jamaica is on FCDO no go list despite being on the new ROW list, and the majority of the others want you to do a PCR on arrival which concerns me (testing before we fly is fine but I don’t like the idea of doing one in the airport or at resort when you’ve only just arrived). I believe this basically leaves us with Antigua or branching into the Indian Ocean, Mauritius. Someone also mentioned Dubai as an option to me.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We normally go Feb half term which is the coldest month.

It’s normally around the pool in the day with temps about 20.

You can of course get unlucky, but we have never had bad weather so to speak in 20 years of holidaying there in winter. I remember a few where it was boiling all week and not a cloud. We’ve had a few occasions of a day of light showers, or suddenly it will get a bit blustery but generally it’s pretty good.

We are also going Xmas if Florida is off.

We would have considered Dubai but prices have gone crazy currently. Would cost twice what a 5 star all inclusive in Canaries would cost us for a week.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List