Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Most odd experience with Amazon Alexa

Started to get messages on my phone this evening from Alexa informing me that I had just added a new light bulb to my Alexa.

I hadn't in fact I don't have any lights connected. Checked in the house and no-one else had been adding lights. On closer inspection the lights were all being added from the Netherlands.

I have phoned Amazon and they can see the lights and that they are in the Netherlands but even they at the moment can't tell if its a clitch or someone putting in wrong email.

I have of course changed my Amazon password but may also change my email with them. They are going to get back to me.

If it was someone in error in Holland then they must have been having a particularly difficult time of it in the last 30 minutes as everytime they turned on a light or made it change colour I switched it back off. they must have been wondering what on earth was going wrong!

It was a pain but I had to disable 11 lights as they kept trying to add them as fast as I was disabling them. they have gone all quiet now.

I have double checked and no unusual activity on my account apart from the light thing.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

🤣🤣🤣 I could imagine their faces
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I wonder if you can speak to them through the alexia’s? Imagine their shock if a voice just started talking from the corner of the room
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry but couldn’t help but laugh! 😂
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

So funny!

Also quite strange 😂
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I think I may have got to the bottom of this one. I signed into another email account unconnected with amazon to find an email from Phillips about my bridge hue. I don't have a bridge hue. It had been activited.

Thinking back however about a year or so ago I did have a bridge hue when I was connected lights etc via phillips to alexa. To the best of my memory I sold it to CEX. It would appear it has now been sold to someone in the Netherlands and the hue retains some sort of memory of its previous owner.

I have disconnected it from phillips and now hopefully its new owner can shout in dutch to alexa to turn it on and off without me interfering.

I must admit there was just a small bit of me who wanted to be mischievous and switch their lights on and off randomly in the future but I am a grown up and won't do such things!
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List