Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Yeah good luck trying to enforce the kids with mask requirement. Not going to happen.
Why ? It’s happened in the USA for a year ?

Why are British kids any different to their USA counterparts

My granddaughter was 3 in august, and she has a very good understanding of what she needs to do .
We’ve sat her down and said if she wants to go to Disney and see our friends she needs to wear a mask for a long time . And we will start to practise that from today .
She’s a good kid she’s used to long flights , long car journeys (8-10 hrs ) I’m not at all worried she won’t wear a mask .. give her her iPad and books etc and she’ll be fine , plus she can remove it for eating and drinking.

It’s a USA federal rule , they aren’t going to change it just to accommodate Brits who’ve been moaning for months they can’t go to the USA , and now they can want the rules changing 🙈
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Why ? It’s happened in the USA for a year ?

Why are British kids any different to their USA counterparts

My granddaughter was 3 in august, and she has a very good understanding of what she needs to do .
We’ve sat her down and said if she wants to go to Disney and see our friends she needs to wear a mask for a long time . And we will start to practise that from today .
She’s a good kid she’s used to long flights , long car journeys (8-10 hrs ) I’m not at all worried she won’t wear a mask .. give her her iPad and books etc and she’ll be fine , plus she can remove it for eating and drinking.

It’s a USA federal rule , they aren’t going to change it just to accommodate Brits who’ve been moaning for months they can’t go to the USA , and now they can want the rules changing 🙈
I’m aware they won’t change it but the simple fact is you can’t make a 2 year old keep a mask on for 9 hrs other than taking it on/off to eat and drink. What I’m saying is a common sense approach will be taken by the air crew or every flight will turn into a circus.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I’m aware they won’t change it but the simple fact is you can’t make a 2 year old keep a mask on for 9 hrs other than taking it on/off to eat and drink. What I’m saying is a common sense approach will be taken by the air crew or every flight will turn into a circus.
How do you know that they won't apply the rules?
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They might send you back on the next available flight. They don't mess around. I've seen people sent home before because they don't ( in immigrations eyes) have sufficient funds for their trip.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
How do you know that they won't apply the rules?
Common sense tells me.

“Ladies and Gentlemen we are going to have to turn back to London Gatwick” as little Jonny, aged 2 and half in row 32b sat between his mum and dad is having a tantrum after taking his mask off 2 hrs into the flight”
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
They might send you back on the next available flight. They don't mess around. I've seen people sent home before because they don't ( in immigrations eyes) have sufficient funds for their trip.
Oh come on…… We are talking about a young child not putting a mask back on when told to.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
I'm only saying that the USA is a lot stricter with enforcing these things. It's only my observation, but I have had a run in once at SFO with an immigration officer and I wouldn't want another one.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
alansmed
Proud to wear my Ears

My little boy has just turned two. We are meant to be going in January. A mask wouldn't last 5 seconds on his face. He won't even keep a hood up on his jacket, takes his shoes off every time he sits down, will not wear sun glasses.
He isn't fully communicative yet, talks a little but not only words here and there so no way to explain to him what's going on. Impossible for him to wear a mask on a plane I seriously hope there is some sort of change with these rules before we go.
Just insane to us over here to think that a 2 year old has to wear a mask. Not sure what the numbers are for toddlers and babies but mine has been at nursery since the start of the pandemic and haven't had a single case in his nursery. They are (luckily) almost unaffected by the virus and IMO its bordering on cruel to expect toddlers to wear a mask.
alansmed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alansmed View Post
My little boy has just turned two. We are meant to be going in January. A mask wouldn't last 5 seconds on his face. He won't even keep a hood up on his jacket, takes his shoes off every time he sits down, will not wear sun glasses.
He isn't fully communicative yet, talks a little but not only words here and there so no way to explain to him what's going on. Impossible for him to wear a mask on a plane I seriously hope there is some sort of change with these rules before we go.
Just insane to us over here to think that a 2 year old has to wear a mask. Not sure what the numbers are for toddlers and babies but mine has been at nursery since the start of the pandemic and haven't had a single case in his nursery. They are (luckily) almost unaffected by the virus and IMO its bordering on cruel to expect toddlers to wear a mask.
These are my thoughts exactly. I’m not suggesting to point blank refuse to put a mask on said child but I swear the Dibb is some kind of alternative reality sometimes. Young children aren’t programmed Robots and this will be recognised by the air crew. If not every flight will turn into anarchy.
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ST1TCH
Trading Disney Pins

ST1TCH's Reviews
We would all love to be in the position where we are sure our toddler would just happily accept a mask. But one two year old varies hugely to another.
My son has a speech and language delay and no understanding of what disneyworld actually is. I can go on about it all I want, he would not be able to weigh up the negative effect of him not wearing a face mask.
Just being on a plane surrounded by other people after spending most his life having to avoid people will be bad enough.
ST1TCH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List