Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Sep 21, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Disney Hotel Benefits Now

Hey everyone,

I have May 2022 booked already but have been thinking of booking a little solo getaway for November to get my fix.

Was thinking of doing as cheap as possible and staying offsite for the most part which is something I haven’t done in a long time!

With all the recent changes with Disney World in particular; what are your opinions on staying onsite? Is it even worth it anymore?

Thank you for your opinions in advance; any and all are appreciated
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well first thing is "cheap" not a word associated with Disney sadly, even a Value will be a lot more than offsite but depends on your plans really. Well if you manage November then the only difference from you stay next year, is that DME is still available, other than that an extra 30 mins in the morning ...
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's not really enough benefits to justify the price, although at least you still get MDE this year. I do like the bubble safety of staying onsite while solo though so may still book it. Struggling to find availability at the moment though, so that's what is likely to push me offsite.

You could look at the partner hotels, e.g. Wyndham in Disney Springs. Cheaper than a value but comes with all the same benefits except DME. Otherwise somewhere like Rosen LBV is cheap and on the Lynx bus route to the TTC if you wanted to save on Uber fares when the shuttle times aren't convenient.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Benefits have dwindled.

The main one can never be taken away- easy access and in the bubble. It is undoubtedly worth a premium, but subjective as to whether worth the premium charged. I’m not sure I would pay it, but may as I love the ease of walking in. I’m DVC so don’t worry about it. I’d probably pay for Swan Dolphin instead as you get exactly the same in the best location for less.

The only other real benefit, which could be a good one if you are a night owl, is the deluxe extra evening 2 hours. The parks will be relatively quiet. Unfortunately I’ll probably be in bed.
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

We have a house there and still stay in a Disney hotel. Work that one out.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We have always stayed at Disney on our trips, unfortunately next time we go we won't be.
The price for little benefit made us switch to a villa with our own pool.

I can't comment on how it will be yet. I'm apprehensive about not being in the bubble but also excited to have our own space and visit new restaurants etc.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your comments and opinions!
I didn't think about the partner hotels so I will look into that, thank you

I love staying onsite and I am next year as I usually do (both Disney and Universal hotel stays) but I just don't think I can justify the price for a quick getaway in November.
I also cannot find ANY value resorts for the dates in November and I can't justify £5000 for a 2 week stay alone.
I don't personally use DME either as I usually go elsewhere at the beginning of my trip and then finish off with Disney for the last week or so and get an Uber back to the airport on the way back for convenience.

I think I'm just answering my own question really haha
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

They've just announced the reopening of Sports will be delayed and not all of Music is done yet, so I think they've taken all the values off sale while they move everyone around. But availability was pretty bad for the end of this year anyway.

I did see Pop on hotels.com for my dates, even though there was no direct availability. May be worth checking there, they may not have sold out their allocation yet.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
They've just announced the reopening of Sports will be delayed and not all of Music is done yet, so I think they've taken all the values off sale while they move everyone around. But availability was pretty bad for the end of this year anyway.

I did see Pop on hotels.com for my dates, even though there was no direct availability. May be worth checking there, they may not have sold out their allocation yet.
Ahhhhhh I had completely forgotten about certain hotels not being open yet!
And I didn't think about Hotels.com so thank you for letting me know about that
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I don't know exactly but from what I have seen from pricing the only benefit I am aware of is the dining credit but that may be dates specific. I have no idea of what's changed to fast passes, magic bands etc so I am a bit clueless.

But, a friend visited from Florida (a friend of a friend) and they came to see my family. They said they have been to Disney recently (day trip) and its just not the same at all.

I think we are all hoping for some Disney magic but you may get there and not feel it the same.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List