Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I think it's going to be natural for people to panic a bit, myself included. One little mistake and your holiday is up in smoke. I don't necessarily need the cheapest either, i want the most reliable and quickest. I have other people's holiday in my hands as they aren't tech savvy in having to book stuff and possibly arrange video calls for tests.
This was exactly the same as I had. I was sorting for my parents as well as myself and we were going out to see my brother and his family so I was so worried about getting it right.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
The guidance on CDC was last updated in July. Hopefully we will find out next week what is required from November.
While you’re right the site was last tweaked in July, these were minor wording updates. The US testing requirement has never changed since it was implemented after Biden took office in January, and I honestly don’t think there will be an update to testing just because Brits and Europeans are allowed in again from November, so I wouldn’t be expecting one next week or indeed at all.

Their test criteria have never depended on or been linked to the proclamations (‘bans’), country of origin, citizenship or immigration status, it has been one uniform rule for any person entering - an antigen no more than 3 calendar days before, supposedly supervised although the odd few seem to have slipped through the net using an unsupervised since it’s the poor airline staff doing the checking after all. They have not signalled that any of this is likely to change with the lifting of the proclamation.

Many are suggesting on here that it’s not clear yet until they say something or it’s guesswork or nobody knows but that really isn’t right - it’s a well established process by this point, long applied the same to US citizens as to visitors from all over the world who have continued to travel throughout. For that reason, and while recognising nothing in covid times is guaranteed, I’m 99.9% sure the criteria are not going to be modified from as stated above.

My advice to anyone would be book your video or in person LFTs with confidence, but avoid the unsupervised for the US, unless that 10 quid is really going to break you and someone from your airline will cast iron guarantee its acceptance beforehand (and that’s not being snarky btw, I recognise for large groups such a difference can add up!).

Edited at 03:47 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandalorian
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Ok, so i was (and still am) kinda confused, but i just found this website that simplifies things!
It is to be updated after UK rules change in Oct and most likely when US changes theirs but its pretty good so far for people like me who have no clue about what is required!

covid19-testing/travel-testing
Mandalorian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

So whom have people used again for supervised lateral flow tests? I need to bookmark so to book as soon as an announcement date is announced for the usa.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

So whom have people used again for supervised lateral flow tests? I need to bookmark so to book as soon as an announcement date is announced for the usa.
If you literally Google covid test pre departure you'll get loads come up

Or check the website for the airline you're using

Or you can check .gov website for their approved testing providers

I am planning to use the on-site drive through at our local airport, I just googled tests at [local airport]

Other than that I was going to use rapidtraveltest/ as they do supervised video testing for an extra tenner making their rapid antigen pre departure tests £32
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
If you literally Google covid test pre departure you'll get loads come up

Or check the website for the airline you're using

Or you can check .gov website for their approved testing providers

I am planning to use the on-site drive through at our local airport, I just googled tests at [local airport]

Other than that I was going to use rapidtraveltest/ as they do supervised video testing for an extra tenner making their rapid antigen pre departure tests £32
Quite a few come up but it seems the unsupervised ones. I want to use one that has a good rep on here.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Quite a few come up but it seems the unsupervised ones. I want to use one that has a good rep on here.
Take a gander at the one I posted, I've got it bookmarked in case I can't get an appt at my local test site (unlikely though as they often have 150+ appts still at the end of the day)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
franko77
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Ok, so i was (and still am) kinda confused, but i just found this website that simplifies things!
It is to be updated after UK rules change in Oct and most likely when US changes theirs but its pretty good so far for people like me who have no clue about what is required!

covid19-testing/travel-testing
Handy site that, thank you.
It says ...

Before departure from the UK to United States of America (USA) you must take either a PCR or an Antigen test.
Take no more than 3 days before departure to United States of America (USA).
franko77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
Take a gander at the one I posted, I've got it bookmarked in case I can't get an appt at my local test site (unlikely though as they often have 150+ appts still at the end of the day)
I think the earliest I can take mine is Monday morning as I'm flying out Thursday morning, the airport is over an hours drive away so that is plan B if something goes wrong.
Old 28 Sep 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
While you’re right the site was last tweaked in July, these were minor wording updates. The US testing requirement has never changed since it was implemented after Biden took office in January, and I honestly don’t think there will be an update to testing just because Brits and Europeans are allowed in again from November, so I wouldn’t be expecting one next week or indeed at all.

Their test criteria have never depended on or been linked to the proclamations (‘bans’), country of origin, citizenship or immigration status, it has been one uniform rule for any person entering - an antigen no more than 3 calendar days before, supposedly supervised although the odd few seem to have slipped through the net using an unsupervised since it’s the poor airline staff doing the checking after all. They have not signalled that any of this is likely to change with the lifting of the proclamation.

Many are suggesting on here that it’s not clear yet until they say something or it’s guesswork or nobody knows but that really isn’t right - it’s a well established process by this point, long applied the same to US citizens as to visitors from all over the world who have continued to travel throughout. For that reason, and while recognising nothing in covid times is guaranteed, I’m 99.9% sure the criteria are not going to be modified from as stated above.

My advice to anyone would be book your video or in person LFTs with confidence, but avoid the unsupervised for the US, unless that 10 quid is really going to break you and someone from your airline will cast iron guarantee its acceptance beforehand (and that’s not being snarky btw, I recognise for large groups such a difference can add up!).
But at present people can enter without vaccination? Is that correct ? Sounds like it’s going to change to vaccinated only with testing? I’m just holding out to see if my 12 year old unvaccinated can go with just a pre departure test.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List