Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Dr Fauci says it should be a problem, two in our party that myself and my brother have had AZ my husband and daughter tge Pfizer.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LIZH View Post
Dr Fauci says it should be a problem, two in our party that myself and my brother have had AZ my husband and daughter tge Pfizer.
Should?
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not concerned in the slightest. The US CDC have been clear on this - any US or WHO approved vaccine. it even uses AZ as the example.

Boosters are likely to be Pfizer/Moderna so we will end up having a mixture so the whole thing will become moot very soon for many.

Edited at 04:52 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
More worried they won't accept covidshield with az... They are both the same thing but some, see them as different (Italy)
The USA has considered those who have had the Covidshield version of AZ as fully vaccinated for a few months.

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm not bothered. It's widely used in Canada and they won't stop them coming in because of it.
Canadians have been flying into the USA for many months. It's only the land border that's currently closed. They already allow Canadians in who have had the AZ vaccine, or even those who aren't vaccinated (although they have to follow different rules).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The USA has considered those who have had the Covidshield version of AZ as fully vaccinated for a few months.

Canadians have been flying into the USA for many months. It's only the land border that's currently closed. They already allow Canadians in who have had the AZ vaccine, or even those who aren't vaccinated (although they have to follow different rules).
Also, more fundamentally even, AZ Covidshield is a WHO approved vaccine, so meets the USAs single condition.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Im not worried, AZ has been so widely used and WHO approved it would not make sense to not be counted, with every view that is asked delivering the same no problem message it just needs clarity. I can understand some concern but as usual a written on the back of a cigarette packet announcement of "open up of borders with no specific date and detail" leaves lots of questions. So until people see it in black and white the news will make the most of it!
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
They already announced that its all WHO approved vaccines?

Not sure why people are even worried.
Exactly my AZ vaccine was recognised without issue in the US to avoid quarantine on entry and everywhere else I went. I am only back a week. It recognised by the WHO.
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Not really, from everything I’ve read, it seems fine.

We aren’t planning on going until October 2022 and I would have had a new set of vaccines by then. I won’t be offered AZ next time as I’m under 40. So by the time we go, it will be likely that I’ve had a different vaccine.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

nope, it is all good and CDC have confirmed that it is accepted as fully vaccinated ( as i expected and have known for weeks)
the US would have used AZ if they didnt have enough stocks of the other vaccines.

Also the UK have now decided to accept Covishield is an approved vaccine
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Fauci said it won’t be a problem

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List