Notices

Old 21 Sep 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Imagineer

Are schools allowed to give numbers?

Iím hearing of many asymptomatic positive cases and with parents allowed to send kids if they have Covid I can see it getting worse. I have a vulnerable dad and kids are his lifeline - he struggles not seeing them. School wonít give data - I would just like to know how cases are tracking and maybe by year group. Is it that they arenít allowed? Masks are back for teachers so obviously getting worse again
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is not correct. Anyone who tests positive for COVID on a PCR must isolate at home for 10 days regardless of the severity of their symptoms.

The whole household does not have to isolate in this instance if they are adults who are fully vaccinated or children under the age of 18.

Schools are providing LFTs for all staff and children to do at home twice per week. If one of these is positive then the individual must get a PCR to either confirm it or not, but the individual must isolate until they get the PCR result.

Schools are not carrying out track and trace any longer.

I am not aware of mask rules changing. I work in a school in England and masks may be worn, but they aren't a requirement. Very few adults or children are wearing masks. Social distancing is also not a requirement.

I hope that helps, even if it's not what you want to hear...my mother in law is CEV and doesn't want our kids, her grandchildren, aged 17 and 14 to visit as she is worried 😞 so I can empathise.

Disneyland 1994.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.
Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (cancelled), 2021 (cancelled).

Jamaican Me Crazy Click here for new trip report

All my old trip reports are here in one place NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020.

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Imagineer

Sorry I donít think I was clear I meant if parents are positive then kids can still go to school (which is causing asymptomatic cases) teachers have decided to start wearing masks again so can only assume that things are getting worse. Itís primary so no lft for the kids either.

Aww hope your mother in law is ok. My dad is the opposite and canít stand not seeing them - its me that panics and worries but I guess itís his choice at the end of the day bless him
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Stardust5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My youngest sons secondary school have now requested all children wear a mask in the corridors from tomorrow as they have had an upsurge in cases.
All year 11 children have also been asked to get a PCR test done.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My daughter is a teacher and today a class of 31 had only 9 children in school (secondary school), they have reintroduced masks in corridors as well, more to show the parents they are trying to do something I think. I get they don;t want education disrupted so let siblings of a positive case into school, but these children are also in shops, cinemas etc and possibly spreading it to the rest of the community
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Itís difficult because guidance now states that a pupil doesnít have to isolate if theyíve been in contact with a positive case, or if a relative in the home tests positive.

We have a lot of learners testing positive right now and as a teacher, I certainly am not told numbers. I just notice that pupils arenít present in my lesson and thereís a special mark on the register. We are not explicitly telling parents, staff or even close contacts apparently.

Weíve also had a few teachers (double jabbed) testing positive since the return to school.

I am fully aware that Iíve been around numerous children who are now off sick and other staff, with currently no measures, other than windows open.

Iím not particularly worried, but I am cautious about visiting my 90 year old grandfather.

I think the uptick in school cases was expected and I think this is how it will be for a while.
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Imagineer

Makes sense and as you say in-line with guidance. I know we have to get on with it blah blah but there are many vulnerable adults children etc who itís not that easy for. I know a few double jabbed people who have been really poorly too. Donít know what the answer is but for me I actually feel like retreating again to protect vulnerable loved ones
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Makes sense and as you say in-line with guidance. I know we have to get on with it blah blah but there are many vulnerable adults children etc who itís not that easy for. I know a few double jabbed people who have been really poorly too. Donít know what the answer is but for me I actually feel like retreating again to protect vulnerable loved ones
Understandable. It pains me not to visit my gramps as frequently. I know he misses my visits. A chat over the phone is not the same.

But I know that at 90, even the vaccines (and his booster next month) arenít a guarantee.

The sad thing is that whilst I am considering my grandadís health due to my job, heís going shopping to Lidl and probably mixing with other teachers, children and parents.

And likewise, although I am not seeing my gramps as much in a bid to keep him safe, I am shopping, eating out and mixing with other people, some who maybe just like my grandad.

At the same time though, after the vaccines, what do we have?

My grandad is the one saying Ďlook, if Iím going to be stuck on my own to be ďsafeĒ, then this life isnít worth livingí.

Itís a difficult one.
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Understandable. It pains me not to visit my gramps as frequently. I know he misses my visits. A chat over the phone is not the same.

But I know that at 90, even the vaccines (and his booster next month) arenít a guarantee.

The sad thing is that whilst I am considering my grandadís health due to my job, heís going shopping to Lidl and probably mixing with other teachers, children and parents.

And likewise, although I am not seeing my gramps as much in a bid to keep him safe, I am shopping, eating out and mixing with other people, some who maybe just like my grandad.

My grandad is the one saying Ďlook, if Iím going to be stuck on my own to be ďsafeĒ, then this life isnít worth livingí.

Itís a difficult one.
Aww your poor grandad. I guess no one size fits all. My dad is the same and wants to live his life (not going crazy and still being sensible) and he struggles mentally when he doesnít see the kids. I must admit I do limit indoor stuff as I want to limit my risk of passing stuff to him. Like you say after vaccines what do we have. How do people with vulnerable children or younger family manage? There must be a lot of people out there feeling concern. I just hope it does mutate to just be like the common cold.
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post

Itís a difficult one.
I think this is grandadís decision. Especially if everyone has been vaccinated which does reduce the risk.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List