Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 22 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
The funny thing is that reading these comments proves that those advertisements work, they stick in your mind for all the right/wrong reasons. That is marketing doing its job
Surety they only work if they make me go out and buy the product advertised😄
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Surety they only work if they make me go out and buy the product advertised😄
You’d have thought so, but the fact we’re all here chatting about them shows the power of marketing, we don’t want what is being pushed on us, but we remember it. Truly bad advertising just goes by unnoticed.

For the record, I’m not in marketing, I just sit close enough to our marketing team to get a gist of it
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Verisure! Ignore the wooden acting but the latest that their poor neighbours have been burgled and instead of asking if they are ok which any normal person would noooo, let’s get an alarm as that could have been us….

D x
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The one where the girl crashes into a pet shop and all the animals escape annoys me. Animals running everywhere, god knows what squashed under her wheels and she just sits there on the phone and dopily tells the insurance company 'I have crashed into a pet shop'. If I were the police officer attending that the first thing I would do would be a drugs test.
Also, that is a hare that is hopping around... why would then have one of those in a pet shop? I can't trust an insurance company that doesn't even bother to do its research.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I can not bare the climate pledge one, with all the surly teenagers speaking to camera in disapproving tones about how we should try to 'do something' 'it's a thing now' etc. I mean what were they thinking? When have grumpy teens ever inspired anyone?
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
You’d have thought so, but the fact we’re all here chatting about them shows the power of marketing, we don’t want what is being pushed on us, but we remember it. Truly bad advertising just goes by unnoticed.

For the record, I’m not in marketing, I just sit close enough to our marketing team to get a gist of it
That would make sense if I knew which company the advert was for , I don't, just find it annoying and tune out or switch off
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Another on at the moment is a mother phoning her son at uni, I can't make my mind up whether she is supposed to sound thick or if she is pretending to be thick to wind up her son. Either way I find it really irritating and not at all funny.
Oh god I hate that advert. The good thing is I've no idea who its advertising for. But she phones him just to say "Oh I thought you'd be asleep dear". Well why the hell are you phoning him then?!
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I dont like the numan advert for erectile disfunction, far too many names for that part at that time of day when my 8yr old is about!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Totally money with the dancing toads is grating on me
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

"I wet myself ,Woosh! " my 15 old lad didn't stop laughing for over an hour after seeing that ! And Vagisal ..just Why? 🤷
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List