Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Sep 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

What days to do parks

I've been on a couple of crowd planners to see what is the best days to do magic kingdom, animal kingdom and Hollywood studios. I only have 3 days booked for disney. Both planners have given me different information. Can anyone recommend the best days to do these parks pls or recommend a crowd planner they've found to be accurate. Going November 11th-21st

Edited at 04:47 PM.
keely21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

No-one can recommend if you haven't provided the time of the year or specific dates! Dibb has it's own planner, a perhaps more accurate planner is touring plans (which you need to pay for).
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

The general rule of thumb is to avoid MK at the weekends as the locals go then. It does depend on when you're planning to go, as well as any other US holidays that could fall on those days. What dates are you looking at?

AK shouldn't be a problem most days as it's not as popular as the other parks, save for the queues for FoP and NRJ.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

No planners are going to be accurate at the moment since they were heavily weighted on EMH being one park per day, which had a visible impact on crowd levels. The new morning hours won't have a difference since they're at all parks, will need to see if the deluxe evening have much impact.

I work on the basis that they'll all be busy every day, AK the least of the three. So go with what works for your schedule. The only park I really try to avoid on specific days (Friday night and weekends) is Epcot due to the festival drinking crowds.

Edited at 04:43 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
No-one can recommend if you haven't provided the time of the year or specific dates! Dibb has it's own planner, a perhaps more accurate planner is touring plans (which you need to pay for).
Edited my post going November 11th-21st!
Old 22 Sep 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Edited my post going November 11th-21st!
Veterans Day is the 11th, but if that's your flying day then it's doubtful you'd hit a park that day. Avoid MK that day anyway!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
All the "best park to visit on which day" calendars will be based on historic information. Since COVID came along and things changed, that historic data will no longer be valid. So it's all a bit of a guess.

As already mentioned, try to avoid US holidays (like Veterans day) if you can. If you still plan on visiting on those days then try to avoid MK and go to one of the other parks instead. Try to avoid Epcot and MK at the weekends - go mid-week to those parks instead.

If you can't decide and simply want to follow a guide, then here's the DIBB's guesses for November:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/bus...?hours=11+2021

For the main Disney parks, it doesn't really tell you much other than to avoid MK on Saturdays.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I never had great success with planners and found them a little hit and miss, other than the generality that parks were busier at weekends, particularly MK.
In the end, I gave up and planned around what we prioritised , rather than what others might be doing. The weather forecast must also must play a part in attendance..

We do always book Discovery Cove on a weekend though, as numbers are clearly limited at D.C., whilst all other parks are likely very busy.

Edited at 01:27 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yes, always do Discovery Cove on a weekend or a public holiday. The only other thing I would avoid is going to EPCOT at the weekend, especially if there's a food and drink festival. the afternoon and evening was so busy when we went on a Saturday night we left and came back on the Monday and it was so much better.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

as others have said, avoid weekends (and sometimes mondays). As for rides, EMH will get the drop on the big ticket items so look at 2019 times for evenings, use the late evening to go on the bigger queues as they tend to fall off in the evening (some never will such as FoP, RotR, TT etc. TT at night was great though.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List