Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Worked for me. Changed from 5th nov to 20th jan. Did it a week before the announcement and came out on top by £563 for flights for 5 of us. Also, Disney came in cheaper for me and Leander, 5 nights pop,tickets and dining and gift card credit, 5 nights in a Little Mermaid and 4 nights in Music. Joanne and co. are 10 nights Cars Suite an 4 nights Music Suite. She also has a far better Dining credit than me and tickets etc. Saved a couple of hundred quid. Tryin to juggle the rooms due to availability was a nightmare, but money is money
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Kind of, we extended our January stay, our flights are reward flights which were in and out of Miami, I've managed to extend the stay and change them to MCO flights both ways, which tie in with our friends we're going with (they have reward flights with BA, ours are with VS)

So all worked out very nicely and no amendment fee - very happy.
Going 2 days before you. Great to bump into a Dibber if we are in the same place at the same time
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Sadly no - loss of free dining, kids 2 yrs older kicks them into higher brackets, no free mde and flights costing significantly more for the same two weeks as the 2020 trip would have been mean an increase of nearly £2000 - and that's without factoring in paying for genie + or LL if we need them as there's no free fastpasses.

But still looking forward to it, and at least the lack of holidays over last 18 months means we had saved the extra needed!
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Yes it has been positive for us we have moved our Virgin holiday from Aug 2020 to Aug 2021 which we paid £400 extra to move. Obviously that holiday didn’t happen so we moved it to December this year and saved £800 so in total saved £400 from original 2020 booking.

I have to say though I’m not the
best at finding amazing deals. I tend to stick to what I know and that is direct flights to Mco with Virgin from either Manchester or Glasgow. From being on Dibb for a long time I know there are much better deals out there I just do not know the best route to find them.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JoshFlick1
Getting to know the DIBB

Yes! We rescheduled from April 2021 to Feb 22, went from two weeks at All Star Music to two weeks at Royal Pacific for less that 1k extra for 5 adults! Cant wait to abuse them express passes
JoshFlick1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Our plans have changed so much its hard to compare, but definitely we got a good deal on flights this time around. We previously had virgin miles flights booked, Man to LAX upper and MCO to Man premium, when those were cancelled we bought flights in the sale which long story short have resulted in us now having MAN to LAX upper, SFO to LHR premium and return Man to MCO upper flights for next year
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely better for us.
Originally booked 4 x PE as a fly drive. then did reward seats up to UC.
This was cancelled twice, so now on the 3rd time.
Phoned up VH BEFORE flights were released and was quoted £5000 for cash upgrade to UC for the 4 of us (as i imagined that reward seats would be few and far between - especially for 4 of us!)
Obviously didn't take this.
Phoned up on the day flights were released, bizarrely, spoke to the same person :-)
Went off to ticketing and came back with a £1000 REFUND!
So it cost us £1000 less to fly UC in April next year than it would have to fly 3 yrs ago in PE!

Result!
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We are flying out 16 Dec, to Orlando, back 28 Dec from Miami. 4 people, Chevy Tahoe, 4 nights in 5 star hotel at Miami Beach over Xmas. Think it was about £3250 all in, which given the hotel would cost be £2000 on its own is a brilliant deal really. Used a voucher to book it, last January.
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Our original holiday was direct flights and car hire, 2 weeks onsite, 1 week Gran Destino, 1 week Saratoga, with loads of special dining etc booked thanks to the dining plan. We had planned MNSSHP and a Waterpark party...

Now we are indirect flights out, direct back, car hire booked separately and not from MCO, but from the Hard Rock the next day. 2 weeks offsite, 1 night Hard Rock, 1 night Cabana Bay. Disney 14 day tickets and Universal 7 days.

Cost very similar but very different holiday. I will have to report back if it turns out to be better or worse, but we plan on enjoying every minute either way

Edited at 03:13 PM.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List