Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Just been to Lidl and Morrisons. The queue to get in and out is crazy. Staff directing the traffic and even the cars not wanting fuel have to wait in the same queue to get out of the car park. We left the car in Lidl car park and walked to Morrisons.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I drive very little now and one tank often lasts months but DH uses my car sometimes as it is the defined dog carrier.
It was just about to red light me and I was going to Tesco this morning, so ignored my urge yesterday to go and fill up when I heard the news. Got there at 8am (it’s a huge mega store) and there were 2 long queues to get in but I could see that there was no diesel! Managed to u turn and head for the next supermarket along which was a Sainsburys, this also had a very small queue but it had diesel.
I wouldn’t have gone had I still got half a tank but won’t need to now for a long time thankfully

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Smug Tesla driver here... what is this petrol you all speak of..?
I will charge up for free again tomorrow..

Seriously though, as above - the media love to create a storm... empty shelves in the shops, CO2 levels will mean no meat or fizzy juice etc

Just another frenzy to put people in and they will rush and panic buy.
Not seen any queues up here in Scotland though... radio said it was mostly London area here the garages had stopped selling, is it more widespread now?
Yesterday, a few garages weren't being stocked due to a lack of available tanker drivers - part of the whole Brexit-driven shortage of HGV drivers.

Now people have gone "must have a full tank" crazy, and many are now sold out or close to selling out.

Meanwhile local roads are clogged stopping people going about their daily business, and those who need fuel to do their jobs, such as nursing and care staff, are unable to get the fuel they need to look after frail people.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Smug Tesla driver here... what is this petrol you all speak of..?
I will charge up for free again tomorrow..

Seriously though, as above - the media love to create a storm... empty shelves in the shops, CO2 levels will mean no meat or fizzy juice etc

Just another frenzy to put people in and they will rush and panic buy.
Not seen any queues up here in Scotland though... radio said it was mostly London area here the garages had stopped selling, is it more widespread now?
You won't be laughing when the gas shortage leads to rolling power cuts this winter.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Maybe they should have a minimum £40 charge, no refund if you can't get £40 worth in. It might stop those topping up because "they might need it".

Not the fault of Brexit as Germany, France and Poland as well as the USA have similar, if not worse, shortages of drivers.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Yesterday, a few garages weren't being stocked due to a lack of available tanker drivers - part of the whole Brexit-driven shortage of HGV drivers.

Now people have gone "must have a full tank" crazy, and many are now sold out or close to selling out.

Meanwhile local roads are clogged stopping people going about their daily business, and those who need fuel to do their jobs, such as nursing and care staff, are unable to get the fuel they need to look after frail people.
This is what concerns us at work. I hope all our carers manage to get the fuel they need.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You won't be laughing when the gas shortage leads to rolling power cuts this winter.
Ach, we will be fine.., even if that happens though - then charging the car will be the least of the worries

At least we got control of our borders back though eh?... oh, and a nice new colour for our passports...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
This is what concerns us at work. I hope all our carers manage to get the fuel they need.
I know local people down here are struggling.

Amongst any group of people at any one time, there'll always be a few who are getting low on fuel, but it won't usually obstruct them from filling up as and when, and continuing to provide much-needed care.

Part One
Part Two
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

This was what I was saying to my friend this morning, if they caped the fuel to £25 a time for a week or so, that would give most people enough to go about their normal driving. That would stop the panic buying and better top up in case. This would keep the pumps flowing better. Those that use more and need it for their jobs would be able to top up again in a few days knowing there is fuel available and no massive ques.
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

To hell with the fizzy drinks this CO2 business is impacting on me getting crumpets.

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List