Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I wouldn't say no or yes but it's not something I would do myself. I think money is better spend on getting a good personal trainer although that isn't cheap, and using MyFitnessPal which is free to track your food and drink
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
It’s all about sustaining. If you have lost weight through exercise and then stop exercising then you’ll put the weight back on. If you lose weight through dieting and stop thinking about what you eat, it will go back on. Unfortunately there is no magic pill. Not everybody enjoys exercising (I don’t seem to lose weight through exercise, although I do feel better for doing it) and i don’t have the time to go to the gym or go out running (not enough to be able to make a difference anyway).
I think you have to find your way and we should applaud people for trying. There are lots of good examples of people who have lost weight in different ways on this thread, so maybe look at them as well as looking at slimming world and decide what is right for you and your circumstances.
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Yes it works to a certain extent, I lost 3 stone but did put it back on and a bit more.
However it is based on low fat and low fat stuff tends to have more sugar in , I was pre diabetic and went to a group course to reverse it, they said that theres more diabetes now due to low fat products.
That’s why I do keto
Low carbs high fat
Protein
Non of the low fat stuff as you rightly said it’s got more sugar
Doing keto is a game changer for me, I now look at food so differently.

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

For me no, but neither did Weight watchers.
I’ve finally found an eating plan that works for me called The weight loss academy - they advertised a 21 day reset in Facebook which i ignored at first as I thought it was possibly a scam but it popped up a few times & for the price advertised I thought I’d give it a go.
I’m now been using the plan to setup my weekly meals & in 9 weeks I’ve lost just under a stone, unheard of for me on previous diets.

I’d never heard of it before but worth looking at if other plans aren’t working.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

I tried WW before getting married in 2005, I lost 2 stone. First and last diet plan of this type I have done.

Yes, you can lose weight on these plans but you don't learn how to maintain it once you have finished - so you do put weight back on and may go back to start over (it's their business model, no money is made if each person loses and never needs to go back).

I have found using My Fitness Pal and a smart watch works so much better as you can eat whatever within you like within your daily limits but it helps you be more aware of portions and also daily exercise. I learnt much more using these than I very have with a slimming club.

Edited at 12:46 AM.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Like others I have always managed to lose weight on Slimming World. I have lost 3 stone 3 times over the years but always put it back on. Mainly because I stop going to group so lose the accountability. My friend has been target with SW for about 6 years now, she still goes to group every week and doesn’t have to pay fees unless she goes out of weight range. It does work for some people.
I now go to a local group called Be Strong, it is based on calorie counting and an exercise programme. Lost a stone so far. I will see at group on Tuesday what the weight damage is from my cruise !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I know Colette (the leader of the DOGs) pays £6 a week for a large woman to tell her not to eat so much unhealthy food, not to drink too much alcohol and to exercise more. Colette ignores all the woman’s advice and subsequently hasn’t lost any weight.
I can’t stop laughing at this because it’s sooooooo true 😂😂
However, when you stick to it, stay to group and do a bit of body magic it really works
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

These schemes can only facilitate. It is you has to do the work. The first stage is motivation. Ig you have a genuine motivation to lose weight, I think they can help. But without that, nothing will work.

I have been trying to lose weight all my adult life. About 20 years ago, I got close to my target weight. I really wanted to lose weight and it worked. It then all went back on.

A few years ago, I decided to have a real go again. I have lost 4 stone over around 5 years. About 10 pounds to go. I have a genuine and real desire to complete this and i am fully committed.
I am not using any of these schemes - I am just trying to eat sensibly.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes! I’m a diamond member although I have a little lockdown excess to shift right now! It really does work if you follow the plan
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Agree with louisybobs post entirely. Sw doesn’t teach you about calorie intake and expenditure, it is low fat tho. A heavier person will do well on the plan as they naturally use more calories in their normal daily lives, but once you get to a certain weight in your journey, your calorie expenditure will be less as you are not lugging all that excess weight around, therefore your intake needs to be less, but you’d be eating the same foods that you’ve always eaten as it’s not tailored to each persons individual weight.

Calories in v calories out, and move more.

If you want to listen/watch a foul mouthed Geordie lad explain it all, check out Richie on TeamRH.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List