Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Indeed, it's not a PE service. Measure 17.7" on a chair seat, imagine being parked in that hard sided space for circa 9 hours, I certainly couldn't do it!
I'm flying economy with my family on my next flight and then going to Vegas with work which is also economy, really not looking forward to those flights. Going to be tough after not flying for so long.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
billchecker1
I want to go now!

Anyone have advice on the a330? We are flying in April 2022 (so it may change) with our 5 year old in upper class. She's a very active 5 year old! We will take iPad and toys etc but can her mum lay next to her to get her to sleep?

Ive only ever flown in economy on virgin and that was a long time ago.
billchecker1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by billchecker1 View Post
Anyone have advice on the a330? We are flying in April 2022 (so it may change) with our 5 year old in upper class. She's a very active 5 year old! We will take iPad and toys etc but can her mum lay next to her to get her to sleep?

Ive only ever flown in economy on virgin and that was a long time ago.
Hi BC, A330-300 seats are individual, the bairn will need her seatbelt on and sat in her own seat during take off and landing. Have a peek HERE and HERE at images from Google of the A330-300 and A3330-200. On the 300 I doubt there'll be room for your wife to lie with the bairn but the 200 would be good as some seats are side by side.

Should your aircraft type change, HERE are VS seat maps, ignore the 747 seat map as VS no longer have that aircraft on their fleet.
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Hmm confusion! My outbound flight appears to have changed with no problem. Same seats there as before.

For the return the seat map states that we have the same seats as before, but two of out of three seat numbers for UC don't exist for an A330 (but they do an an A350).

Just wondering if there is a plane change in the offing for the VS091/92 route.

Panicking, not panicking...
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post
Hmm confusion! My outbound flight appears to have changed with no problem. Same seats there as before.

For the return the seat map states that we have the same seats as before, but two of out of three seat numbers for UC don't exist for an A330 (but they do an an A350).

Would happily take a swap to the A350, a lovely plane!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
Would happily take a swap to the A350, a lovely plane!
I'll take just being on a plane at the minute but yep, that'll do wouldn't it!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post

I DM'd Virgin and they said they hadn't sorted everything out yet and to keep checking back for my flight home to be updated.
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Im flying out on 27th Nov (fingers crossed). Looking at my BA Economy seat selection, theres LOADS of unclaimed seats. I think about 10 have been reserved, the rest shown available.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I DM'd Virgin and they said they hadn't sorted everything out yet and to keep checking back for my flight home to be updated.
My TA said the same too. I expected this to be the case and wasn't smashing up the house. It'll take a while before everything falls into place, these things are expected. It's just good to know that it's not necessarily bad news.

Later on this week it should have sorted itself out.
Old 27 Sep 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
Im flying out on 27th Nov (fingers crossed). Looking at my BA Economy seat selection, theres LOADS of unclaimed seats. I think about 10 have been reserved, the rest shown available.
I would expect that on BA given seat selection isn't free. I think most people are happy to leave it until check-in.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List