Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Sep 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Questions questions questions

Attempting DIY for October 2022. Staying onsite (hopefully DVC).

Any suggestions for where I should look to book my park tickets and if they are cheaper at certain points in the year?

Also, when booked can I reserve my park days straight away?

Thanks so much for any help. Feeling excited as I’ve sorted car hire today so slowly chipping away and learning as I go which I’m loving
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's not really a huge range of price difference between suppliers tbh. I'd go with Disney direct or whichever reputable reseller you're comfortable with.

If buying tickets only, you'll need to pay in full before you can book park days. There's no rush to do this so you can hold off and see if there's any deals, e.g. Black Friday, New Year sale. Typically it's only a small amount off though, maybe 5-10% at the most. Definitely not getting any half price tickets anywhere.

Are you looking for UK tickets? If it were me, I'd either wait until ATD has an offer on (they often give away free magic bands with tickets) or the end of the year as WDTC often discount tickets after the main offer for the year finishes.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

That’s really helpful thank you. I don’t mind who I get them from and have looked at ATD.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
B33ADHD
VIP Dibber

We have always used undercovertourist always decent prices
B33ADHD is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you are buying your tickets separately and not part of an onsite stay package, then you will need to have fully paid off your tickets in order to book the park reservations. Personally I tend to pay for my tickets in one go so this isn't an issue for me; in this case the park reservations can be made almost straight away. But many other people put down a deposit for their tickets and then pay off the balance later. If you are doing the latter then you won't be able to make park reservations until you've paid off the balance.

To be honest, since Disney has increased the capacity in the parks back up to (almost?) the full amount, then booking park reservations hasn't really been an issue. You don't have to book the reservations 6+ months in advance or anything like that. Just a couple of months before hand should be fine.

Booking direct with Disney is usually a good option - cuts out the middle man. I've often found Orlando Attractions has some good prices on their tickets and have used them several times in the past, so would recommend them. Attraction Tickets (aka ATD) tend to be one of the more expensive sellers but they do provide free COVID cover, they have some good deals at times, and many DIBBers recommend them.

In previous years Disney has reduced the price of their UK tickets at the end of the year for the subsequent year. So you may want to wait until December and see if the price comes down. Although things aren't really normal nowadays so its difficult to predict what will happen. Some sellers may also have small price reductions around Black Friday or New Year. The savings aren't massive and there's no guarantee they'll happen but, in your case, I think it's worth waiting to see what happens. There's no rush if you're going in October 2022.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List