Old 15 Apr 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
I can imagine having a similar debate about DLP vs WDW when we visit in May. I think it is inevitable you will compare, but do so with an open mind (if that makes sense?).
I couldn’t cope with a trip anywhere in the cold. I love the heat and a roasting Florida August is perfect for me. The cold would make me miserable before I’d even started! I’d love to visit DLP at Halloween or Christmas but the weather puts me off.

We’ve decided not to bother with that Lineberty thing at all and just queue for any characters we really want to meet in the Disneyland park. It all sounds far too stressful.

I’ve made a note re Crush. No avoiding at least a jog, if we want to ride it with anything like a reasonable wait

Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed reading this.
I think the comparisons are inevitable you are right though I hope you manage to keep an open mind.

I like the heat too, the hot sweat box of August, it feeling like it's hotter than the surface of the sun with the concrete radiating heat up. I am going to try and not say 'oh it's hot today' too many times this August as clearly I much prefer it.

I'd like to visit at party times, Halloween and Christmas looks so pretty, maybe sometime!

You will be able to meet lots of unusual characters in the main park. The studios only had 4 characters when we were there in Feb.

I think a steady jog for crush is a good idea. Well, it's more realistic and means you won't have to wait so long.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

just catching up with your report as I was told by Georgia that i couldn't read it without her here as we have both enjoyed reading along together

So pleased you managed to get your card and get back in line in time for the ride, even though it looks as if you could have strolled instead of ran as the ride broke down! It does seem odd that some rides aren't available to FP in DLP. We really want to ride Crush when we go, so will head there first thing as you did.

Georgia was shocked that you missed the opportunity to meet Spiderman She is really hoping that the Marvel characters will be around when we go, as she missed out on meeting Star Lord and Groot on our last trip in WDW

Chez Remy's looks really good, we definitely want to eat here next year. The steak looks excellent. I'm glad Kate put you right about comparing DLP to WDW. It's amazing how our daughters seem to know so much better than we do as they get older isn't it? To be fair, it must be difficult not to compare the two, and we will have to be careful of the same when we go. It does look a great fun place to visit though, even if it isn't WDW.

The parade looks fun, as does the story boat ride. I hadn't heard of that one before, but will definitely want to ride it, i love the gentle rides too

AAARRGGHH to the family who pushed in front at the last minute. I know Georgia wouldn't have let them do it, we do let small children in front of us but not with attached adults and the cursed held-up-high-cameras! If they want a good spot, they should get there earlier.

Georgia is frustrated that she hasn't seen Kate's haul (spoiler though, we have just read day 5, and she is very happy now )

Edited at 01:49 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
just catching up with your report as I was told by Georgia that i couldn't read it without her here as we have both enjoyed reading along together

So pleased you managed to get your card and get back in line in time for the ride, even though it looks as if you could have strolled instead of ran as the ride broke down! It does seem odd that some rides aren't available to FP in DLP. We really want to ride Crush when we go, so will head there first thing as you did.

Georgia was shocked that you missed the opportunity to meet Spiderman She is really hoping that the Marvel characters will be around when we go, as she missed out on meeting Star Lord and Groot on our last trip in WDW

Chez Remy's looks really good, we definitely want to eat here next year. The steak looks excellent. I'm glad Kate put you right about comparing DLP to WDW. It's amazing how our daughters seem to know so much better than we do as they get older isn't it? To be fair, it must be difficult not to compare the two, and we will have to be careful of the same when we go. It does look a great fun place to visit though, even if it isn't WDW.

The parade looks fun, as does the story boat ride. I hadn't heard of that one before, but will definitely want to ride it, i love the gentle rides too

AAARRGGHH to the family who pushed in front at the last minute. I know Georgia wouldn't have let them do it, we do let small children in front of us but not with attached adults and the cursed held-up-high-cameras! If they want a good spot, they should get there earlier.

Georgia is frustrated that she hasn't seen Kate's haul (spoiler though, we have just read day 5, and she is very happy now )
It's nice to think you have both enjoyed reading the report.

I was really kicking myself when I realised I'd left the card on the machine in the shop. Those few minutes seem vital, but in the end we all had to wait when Crush went down. It's such a slow loading ride. I don't feel it's not worth the 90 plus minute wait times we've seen. Definitely a good idea to aim for this at rope drop, that's for sure.

Sorry for not bothering with Spider-Man I'm sure the Spider-Man meet is great fun but we figured there was other stuff we'd rather do

Chez Remy was cute and I'm glad we did this meal. The theming in there was great and it was all so cute, plus the food was scrummy. I loved the steak. We both enjoyed the Ratatouille. A few weeks after we got home Kate had to make Ratatouille at school and she did a great job, so she was pretty pleased to be able to recreate part of the meal

The parade was great and it was lovely to sit and watch it go by. We had fun eating our sweets (not that we really needed more food) and watching the floats go past.

Phew, I recovered my trip report with the haul photos at the end of the last day!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Glad you made it to Crush in good time after having to run back for your card. You're not having a lot of luck with cards this trip! I was a little bit disappointed that you weren't blown away by Crush after all of the effort made to get on it.

It's good to have a lively discussion, and of course I would side with WDW. I can't say that I've noticed you moaning about DLP in the report - maybe it was more in person to Kate and that's why she picked up on it. I think they're just very different parks really, maybe we shouldn't compare at all but just accept each experience for itself? Also, I'm not so sure you would have preferred the weather in July - it was July that we visited DLP and it was cold and rained every day .

It seems Kate enjoyed her little shopping spree today. Chez Remy's looks to have fab theming, and the food looks nice too. I'm not sure about the cream cheese in the bottom of the soup though .

It seems they're everywhere - these annoying pushy people who think they have more entitlement to a good view than anyone else I hope you enjoyed the fireworks anyway, despite those people and not feeling too good.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Glad you made it to Crush in good time after having to run back for your card. You're not having a lot of luck with cards this trip! I was a little bit disappointed that you weren't blown away by Crush after all of the effort made to get on it.

It's good to have a lively discussion, and of course I would side with WDW. I can't say that I've noticed you moaning about DLP in the report - maybe it was more in person to Kate and that's why she picked up on it. I think they're just very different parks really, maybe we shouldn't compare at all but just accept each experience for itself? Also, I'm not so sure you would have preferred the weather in July - it was July that we visited DLP and it was cold and rained every day .

It seems Kate enjoyed her little shopping spree today. Chez Remy's looks to have fab theming, and the food looks nice too. I'm not sure about the cream cheese in the bottom of the soup though .

It seems they're everywhere - these annoying pushy people who think they have more entitlement to a good view than anyone else I hope you enjoyed the fireworks anyway, despite those people and not feeling too good.
I think Crush suffered in my estimation after the hassle we had in getting on it. I'm just so spoilt by using the WDW FP system and therefore not waiting in line for rides. I'm not sure if even the best ride is worth it after an hour wait.

Our debate at lunch was funny. I couldn't help pointing out all the little tweaks DLP could make to improve things. That line berty app was annoying, why it would work on Kate's phone but not mine I'll never know. The wait times not being accurate at all, although I suppose that's the same at WDW. The lack of FP for any ride after about 11am as they had all run out, again I suppose that is because we went at a busy time as it was half term. I'm sure at other times of the year it's much more quiet and the paper FP are great.

I did have a bit of a funny turn watching the fireworks. We were all very crammed in and I felt like I couldn't get any air. Still, the show was really good and I enjoyed it more a little further back and with more air.