Notices

Old 1 Aug 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Alton Towers - bum bag on big rides

I’ve not been to ALton Towers for about 9 years so not sure on this.

Would DD get on say Nemisis or Rita etc with a bum bag?

I’m leaning more to them using a money belt tucked away for one phone plus cards then other phone in shorts with zips. They could take a small bag with ponchos that they could leave in the metal bag cages.

Anyone been lately and how do you get round this?

Cheers
Fluff
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We stayed last weekend at the Hotel went on Rita with mobile phones only ,the staff took them off us and held on to them for us we didn’t want to put them in the cages.
Wicker man has a manned locker as does 13
You might be uncomfortable with a bag .
We hadn’t been since 2018 they now have some medium fairground rides like waltzers etc and much more accommodation the star gazing pods etc
We did the golf as well which was good fun too
I hope you have a great time

Edited at 09:04 PM.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks inky1, understand why you didn’t want to use the cages on Rita, if it’s still the same as before it’s quite exposed.

Did you get on Nemisis, Galactica with your phones? If not, did you need to put them in the cage.

If I was going, I would put one phone in the money belt on their waist (hidden) and the other in zipped shorts pocket.

Cheers
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

No I didn’t go on either of those DH went and I held the bags
I’m 57 now and honestly my brain has been rattled enough ! Only went on Galactica when it had VR which I really liked ,Nemisis always made me feel ill.
My favourite ride out of any anywhere though is Oblivion but didn’t go on it as
DS had a bit of a moment and wouldn’t come on it he has an access pass and the queues were too long so we headed back to the hotel .
It was busy though
Feel free to ask anything I will help if I can

Edited at 10:12 PM.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

I know the feeling, I sit out a lot of the big rides in Orlando now too. I’ve never done oblivion but love Nemisis. Galactica was Air last time we were there and used to love it.

How big were the queues? Last time we went Rita was around 90mins and that was before the English schools were on holiday. Was thinking of treating them to an unlimited fast pass but it quite a hefty price tag.

Thanks
Old 1 Aug 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I’m not sure how long the queues were as I say we had an access pass - they looked long though .
Galactica is back to Air now though as no VR
You MUST ride Oblivion - I always think it’s a bit like being drunk just no control - lol
My only other tip would be to avoid the Roller Coaster restaurant unless any of your party is desperate to try it - overpriced nonsense .
Old 3 Aug 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

My hubby wears bumbag and gets on rides fine. You wouldnt believe how many phones fall out of peoples pockets on rides. The other week a phone landed about 10cm in front of of whilst sat down by Galactica, I think it would have really hurt if it impacted. Also see a few shoes too x
Old 3 Aug 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I’ve been a few times recently, went last weekend and I just put my phone in my pocket but had to tuck my sunglasses away in my top for Rita .
A bumbag should be fine if it’s not rammed with stuff but I agree with a running belt as you can put it under a t shirt.
Saying that, dh always wears cargo shorts to the parks so I make him take my stuff in his millions of pockets 😂
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

You'll be fine if you have a money wallet/small bum bag as long as it isn't too chunky.

13 & Wickerman have a manned kiosk which is great, they even took our oversized teddy carnival win in with no problems.

We went 24th/25th July and the queues were longer on the saturday than the sunday, the biggest que was the david walliams ride which was a steady 75-95 minute wait most of the day. Wickerman was around 60 minutes as was 13 and the rapids (it was a hot-ish day). Nemesis/Air/Oblivion were around the 25 minute mark most of the day, smiler was around 40 minutes along with pinball. After 5pm the queue lines did started to fall, queue lines shut at 7pm, the ride doesn't.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List